2020 Belarusian Premier League – Energetik-BGU vs Smolevichi Preview & Prediction
When is Energetik-BGU vs Smolevichi taking place? Friday 1st May, 2020 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Energetik-BGU vs Smolevichi taking place? RCOP-BGU Stadium, Minsk
What television channel is Energetik-BGU vs Smolevichi on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Energetik-BGU vs Smolevichi? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Energetik-BGU vs Smolevichi? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Energetik-BGU’s impressive start to the season now looks a distant memory after they suffered a third consecutive defeat on the back of three successive victories to begin the campaign.
- Energetik were the better side in the first half against Neman despite not creating a great deal but the second half was a completely different story as the hosts dominated and notched three goals in the process.
- Aleksandr Svirepa was handed a recall to the starting XI last week but failed to impress and was subsequently removed at half-time with his place in the side likely to come under threat here.
- Smolevichi remain just one of two teams that have failed to win in the Belarusian Premier League so far this season after they were beaten at home by Dinamo Minsk in a one-sided contest last weekend.
- Dinamo were able to open the scoring inside the first 10 minutes of the game and added a further two goals before Smolevichi were handed a consolation thanks to an own goal but it was nowhere near enough to get them back into the contest.
- That is the first time that Smolevichi have conceded more than one goal in a game so far this season but their issues in front of goal remain an issue and they must find a way to be more creative in the final third.
Energetik-BGU started the season with a 100% through their first three games but they have lost all three games since with a heavy loss on the road at Neman last week. They will be desperate to end their poor run and will feel they have a great chance to do so as they face winless Smolevichi. With just three goals to their name so far, Smolevichi have real issues in front of goal but with Energetik also failing to find the net in their previous three, this should be a low-scoring game.