2020 Belarusian Premier League – Energetik-BGU vs Minsk Preview & Prediction
When is Energetik-BGU vs Minsk taking place? Sunday 5th April, 2020 – 12:00 (UK)
Where is Energetik-BGU vs Minsk taking place? RCOP-BGU Stadium, Minsk
What television channel is Energetik-BGU vs Minsk on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Energetik-BGU vs Minsk? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Energetik-BGU vs Minsk? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- After narrowly avoiding relegation last season, Energetik-BGU have ensured that they get off to a strong start to this campaign as they made it back-to-back victories thanks to a narrow win over Rukh last weekend.
- Enegertik earned a superb win over BATE in their opening contest and were able to back that up as they edged newly promoted Rukh with Daniil Miroshnikov’s strike just before the break proving to be the difference between the two teams.
- Miroshnikov went a long way to justifying his selection in the side after he was an unused substitute in the first game of the year and he is likely to retain his spot as Energetik look to maintain their 100% record.
- Minsk came out on top of their derby with Dinamo Minsk but were given a late scare despite racing into a 3-0 lead at half-time which they held on to until the final 15 minutes of the contest.
- Vladimir Khvashchinskiy got Minsk off to a dream start with a goal inside a minute and two efforts just before the break from Yevhen Chahovets and Roman Gribovskiy put the hosts in a very strong position which was strengthened further just before the hour when Dinamo were reduced to 10 men.
- Despite that, Dinamo scored two goals in quick succession to make it a nervy end to the game for Minsk but they held on to make it two wins from two and they could name the same starting XI here.
Energetik-BGU and Minsk have won both of their matches to start to the 2020 Belarus Premier League season and will now go head-to-head in what should be an intriguing clash. Either side are capable of coming out on top following their solid start to the season but the home side are on a seven-match unbeaten run dating back to last season and are also unbeaten in their last five league games on home soil which should see them earn at least a point from this one.