When is Slavia vs BATE taking place? Wednesday 8th April, 2020 – 15:30 (UK)
Where is Slavia vs BATE taking place? Yunost Stadium, Mozyr
What television channel is Slavia vs BATE on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Slavia vs BATE? Bet365 subscribers can stream Belarusian Premier League matches so it is worth checking their schedule
Where can I get tickets for Slavia vs BATE? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Slavia made it back-to-back victories in the Belarus Premier League as they overcame Dinamo Brest with an impressive showing at the weekend and they will be full of confidence ahead of this Cup tie.
- Slavia have enjoyed a strong start to the season, seeing off Dnyapro 6-0 on aggregate in the last round before winning two of their three league matches so far with second half goals from Andrey Chukhley and Aleksandr Kotlyarov ensuring the win over Dinamo in their latest league outing.
- It has been a long time since Slavia made it to the final with their last appearance coming in 2001 when they were defeated as they attempted to defend their crown and it is important they utilise the first leg on home soil to put themselves in a strong position.
- BATE have endured a slow start to their Belarusian Premier League campaign but finally got off the mark in their game against Rukh Brest at the weekend and will hope to build on that in this first leg of the Cup.
- Stanislav Dragun’s strike in the seventh minute was enough for BATE to seal all three points for the first time this season but it is not the first time the Borisov team have won this season after defeating Dinamo Minsk in both legs of their quarter-final.
- BATE last lifted the Cup in 2015 when they defeated Shakhtyor 4-1 in the final but having lost in their previous two finals in 2016 and 2018, they will be eager to make a return this year as they attempt to lift the trophy for a record-breaking fourth time.
Both Slavia and BATE will fancy their chances of progressing to the final of the Cup but this first leg is likely to have a big say. Slavia will feel they must avoid defeat in this game as a trip to BATE for the second leg on the back of a loss may be too much for them to overturn. The pair won at the weekend but BATE are still not firing on all cylinders and that can allow Slavia to earn at least a draw from this contest.