When is Barcelona vs Arsenal taking place? Sunday 4th August, 2019 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Barcelona vs Arsenal taking place? Camp Nou, Barcelona
What television channel is Barcelona vs Arsenal on? This match will be televised live on Premier Sports
Where can I stream Barcelona vs Arsenal? Premier Sport subscribers can stream the match via Premier Player
Where can I get tickets for Barcelona vs Arsenal? Link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Barcelona’s 2019 Joan Gamper Trophy match against Arsenal at the Camp Nou sandwiches their recent tour to Japan and their upcoming trip to Florida where they are scheduled to play back-to-back games against Napoli.
- In Japan they were defeated 2-1 by Chelsea in their opening match where Ernesto Valverde gave debuts to new signings Antoine Griezmann, Frenkie de Jong and Neto, they then defeated Japanese club Vissel Kobe 2-0 courtesy of two goals from young forward Carles Perez.
- Lionel Messi has not been involved in pre-season due to his Copa America involvement and although he is due to return to training soon, he is unlikely to feature. Luis Suarez and Moussa Wague have recently returned to training and might get some game-time. Gerard Pique missed their match against Vissel Kobe through injury but has returned to training ahead of his game.
- Arsenal face Spanish giants Barcelona in their final pre-season fixture before kicking-off their 2019/20 Premier League campaign on August 11 at Newcastle United. In July they had a trip to the USA where their matches included a 3-1 win against Bayern Munich and a penalty shoot-out win against Real Madrid after a 2-2 draw.
- With high profile friendly matches against Lyon last weekend and Barcelona this weekend, Unai Emery took the opportunity to field a youthful starting XI against French team Angers on Wednesday evening, with Arsenal winning on penalties following a 1-1 draw.
- Emery is expected to put out a strong starting XI but will make a number of changes during the game. Alexandre Lacazette picked up a minor injury against Lyon and although it is nothing serious, he is a big doubt to be involved. Recent loan signing from Real Madrid Dani Ceballos made his debut from the bench in that same game and looks likely to start. If the signing of Nicolas Pepe goes through in time he may well be included in the squad.
Barcelona play their only home fixture of their 2019/20 pre-season schedule against Arsenal for the Joan Gamper Trophy. The La Liga side have had less match action than the Londoners during the summer so far and with a trip to the USA to follow they still have plenty of preparations to complete ahead of the new season. Barca have been without Messi and Suarez after linking-up late with the team due to their Copa America involvement but they have been bolstered by new signings Antoine Griezmann and Frenkie de Jong who should both feature in this game. Arsenal had some good results in America but were disappointingly beaten by Lyon last weekend, their weaknesses in defence might be their downfall as Barca can claim the victory in front of their own fans.