2019-20 Austrian Bundesliga – Wolfsberger AC vs Salzburg Preview & Prediction
When is Wolfsberger AC vs Salzburg taking place? Wednesday 17th June, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Wolfsberger AC vs Salzburg taking place? Lavanttal Arena, Wolfsberg
Where can I get tickets for Wolfsberger AC vs Salzburg? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Wolfsberger AC vs Salzburg on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Wolfsberger AC vs Salzburg? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Wolfsberger AC looked to be heading for a 1-1 draw against Rapid Wien on Sunday but conceded a late winner and that goal could have big repercussions for their hopes of qualifying for next season’s Champions League as they are now six points adrift of second place in the table.
- Ferdinand Feldhofer’s side have now picked up just one point from the last nine available so the mood in the camp is not overly positive at the moment..
- Defensive frailty continues to be an issue for the side but the experienced Nemanja Rnic is available again after suspension and should slot in to central defence, although midfielder Mario Leitgeb is missing with his own ban.
- Salzburg recorded their fifth straight league victory on Sunday when they beat a struggling LASK side and they currently hold a seven-point advantage over Rapid Wien at the top of the standings.
- After some shaky form prior to the enforced break and having ended the regular season in second place behind LASK, Salzburg have not looked back since and have scored 21 times and conceded just once in their league and cup outings since the return.
- There are no fresh injury concerns for boss Jesse Marsch to contend with and he is likely to go with a similar line-up here with Dominik Szoboszlai and Patson Daka in particularly good goalscoring form.
Salzburg have been bulldozing through all before them since the Bundesliga returned and it is difficult to envisage them slipping up against an out-of-form Wolfsberger AC side. The hosts appear to be in a slump at the moment and a third straight defeat seems very likely here. Salzburg were 0-3 winners the last time they visited the Lavanttal Arena and another win to nil for the leaders is worth looking at.