2019–20 Austrian Bundesliga – Swarovski Tirol vs St. Polten Preview & Prediction
When is Swarovski Tirol vs St. Polten taking place? Tuesday 2nd June, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Swarovski Tirol vs St. Polten taking place? Tivoli Stadion Tirol, Innsbruck
Where can I get tickets for Swarovski Tirol vs St. Polten? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Swarovski Tirol vs St. Polten on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Swarovski Tirol vs St. Polten? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- It’s been a tough season for Swarovski Tirol following their promotion to the top-flight but they enter the Relegation Round with every chance of avoiding relegation in what is a closely-packed section.
- The enforced break came at a bad time for them as they managed to find a bit of form with two wins and draw from their last three league games which represents their best run of the season so they will hope to pick up where they left off.
- Swarovski Tirol have played one warm-up game to get up to speed and that was an impressive 1-1 draw with Salzburg which will give them some confidence while the availability of forward Zlatko Dedic is a boost as he was in good goalscoring form prior to the disruption of the league.
- After finishing in the top half last season, St. Polten have endured a difficult campaign and find themselves in last place as they battle to avoid relegation but, such is the highly-congested nature of the table, there is still everything to play for.
- Victories were few and far between for St. Polten in the regular season with just three to speak of while they conceded goals at an alarming rate so they really need to tighten things up at the back if they are to retain their top-flight status for another season.
- A recent 1-2 away win at high-flying LASK was notable but not too much can be read into these friendly games and the real test will be whether they can show improvement when it really matters.
By far St. Polten’s best result of the season was when they emphatically defeated Swarovski Tirol 5-1 back in November but that was in fact their last win in the league phase and what followed was an eight-game winless run in the Bundesliga. Swarovski Tirol also struggled following that heavy defeat but they managed to show considerable improvement prior to the break and if they can continue their good from late February and early March, they should be able to exact revenge here.