2019-20 Austrian Bundesliga – St. Polten vs Mattersburg Preview & Prediction
When is St. Polten vs Mattersburg taking place? Tuesday 16th June, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is St. Polten vs Mattersburg taking place? NV ARENA, St. Pölten
Where can I get tickets for St. Polten vs Mattersburg? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is St. Polten vs Mattersburg on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream St. Polten vs Mattersburg? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- St. Polten are struggling at the minute and remain rooted to the bottom of the Bundesliga table following a 2-0 defeat to Rheindorf Altach.
- They quickly need to stop the rot otherwise they will be cut adrift but they are currently only in the relegation zone on goal difference so even a small turnaround could change their fortunes.
- Dominik Hofbauer’s absence through suspension leaves a hole in central midfield but that is likely to be filled by Michael Ambichi who is available again after his own ban.
- Mattersburg were completely outclassed in Saturday’s meeting with Austria Wien as they succumbed to a 1-4 defeat at home and that was their first loss since the Bundesliga restarted following the enforced break.
- Franz Ponweiser’s side have failed to beat St. Polten in their three previous meetings this season so they will be keen to get that monkey off their back and start climbing the table again.
- Mattersburg’s prospects are boosted by the return of top scorer Andreas Gruber from suspension but boss Franz Ponweiser must make do without Philipp Erhardt who is himself banned.
St. Polten have had the better of Mattersburg this season having won two of their three meetings and drawn the other, but their morale and confidence will be low at the moment given that they have lost two on the spin and currently reside in last place. Mattersburg, though, put in an underwhelming performance themselves over the weekend and may struggle to pick themselves up so quickly. A low-scoring game low on quality could ensue so under 2.5 goals is a tempting option.