2019–20 Austrian Bundesliga – St. Polten vs Austria Wien Preview & Prediction
When is St. Polten vs Austria Wien taking place? Saturday 6th June, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is St. Polten vs Austria Wien taking place? NV ARENA, St. Pölten
Where can I get tickets for St. Polten vs Austria Wien? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is St. Polten vs Austria Wien on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream St. Polten vs Austria Wien? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Coach Robert Ibertsberger was delighted with how his side performed in his first game in charge as they ran out comprehensive 0-5 winners away from home against a sorry Swarovski Tirol side.
- St. Polten made a rapid start in that game and were 0-3 up after 15 minutes and Jamaican Cory Burke was the star of the show with a hat-trick on just his fourth appearance since his move from Portmore United.
- Dominik Hofbauer is available for selection and is in contention to start but the coach will be tempted to line up with the same personnel that impressed so much midweek.
- After a run of six successive draws in the Bundesliga, Austria Wien finally picked up all three points with a scrappy 1-0 win over Admira with a second-half Dominik Fitz strike good enough to take the spoils.
- That win sees Austria Wien lead the Relegation Round standings and they will have designs on topping this stage come the end of the season although the focus at the moment will mainly be on putting as much distance as possible between them and the dotted line.
- Coach Christian Ilzer has the same players available to him as in their midweek match and he is unlikely to make too many rotations after his side’s welcome victory.
An intriguing clash awaits here between Relegation Round leaders Austria Wien and a St. Polten side who resumed their season with a bang midweek. The latter’s 0-5 win over strugglers Swarovski Tirol perhaps says as much about the quality of their opponent as it does about their own form but there is no denying that, in Cory Burke, they possess a dangerous striker in their ranks. He will be full of confidence after his midweek hat-trick and he could be the difference maker in this clash so backing the Jamaican to find the net again looks like a tempting option.