2019–20 Austrian Bundesliga – St. Polten vs Admira Preview & Prediction
When is St. Polten vs Admira taking place? Tuesday 9th June, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is St. Polten vs Admira taking place? NV ARENA, St. Pölten
Where can I get tickets for St. Polten vs Admira? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is St. Polten vs Admira on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream St. Polten vs Admira? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- St. Polten followed up their 0-5 victory over Swarovski Tirol with a 1-1 draw in their home fixture against Austria Wien on Saturday and they are now three games unbeaten in the Bundesliga.
- They have had some struggles against Admira in recent history having failed to beat them in their last four meetings and their last match saw Admira come from 2-0 down to snatch a draw.
- Midfielder Ljubicic – who scored St. Polten’s only goal against Austria Wien – was dismissed for two bookable offences and he will sit this match out through suspension.
- Admira’s woes continued on Saturday with a 0-2 loss against Mattersburg and they have yet to pick up a point or score a goal since the league resumed following the enforced break.
- They now reside in the relegation spot after Swarovski Tirol picked up a point and jumped ahead of them so they really need to start putting points on the board if they are to avoid playing in the second tier next season.
- A boost for Admira will be the return from suspension of their top scorer Sinan Bakis and they badly need his attacking threat given their recent troubles in front of goal.
St. Polten are the stronger side on paper but derbies can often be a leveller and this is proven in the fact that they have failed to beat Admira in their last four meetings. The visitors need to turn things around as they are now bottom of the table and this is the ideal game for them in many ways. The return of Bakis will also be a boost and, although a win is perhaps asking a but much, they may do enough to earn their first point since the season resumed so draw no bet is worth considering.