2019-20 Austrian Bundesliga – Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC Preview & Prediction
When is Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC taking place? Sunday 21st June, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC taking place? Red Bull Arena, Wals-Siezenheim
Where can I get tickets for Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Salzburg vs Wolfsberger AC? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Salzburg dropped points for the first time since the season resumed when they were held to a goalless draw by Wolfsberger AC but they will get an immediate opportunity to avenge that result, which for them will feel like a defeat.
- That loss means their lead at the top of the Bundesliga table has been reduced to five points after Rapid Wien won so they will be determined to snuff out any hope the in-form chasers might have.
- Jesse Marsch may look to make a few changes here to freshen his team up and he has plenty of options at his disposal with the squad in good health.
- Wolfsberger AC achieved the rare feat of taking points off Salzburg on Wednesday but now they have to do it all again on the leaders’ home turf which is a different prospect altogether.
- Their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League qualifying phase look bleak now as they are eight points behind in-form Rapid Wien who occupy that berth and a more realistic hope is to finish in the automatic Europa League position in third.
- Midfielder Mario Leitgeb returns to the fold after his one-game suspension and should slot straight back into the middle of the park.
It was a rare off day for Salzburg on Wednesday but they have otherwise been excellent since the season resumed and you would expect them to respond here and put in a positive performance. Rarely do they drop points twice in a row and they will want to quickly snuff out any hope that Rapid Wien will have of catching them at the top. Their last 18 league matches at Red Bull Arena have seen them score at least twice so they are worth looking at in the Asian Handicap markets here.