2019-20 Austrian Bundesliga – Rapid Wien vs Wolfsberger AC Preview & Prediction
When is Rapid Wien vs Wolfsberger AC taking place? Sunday 14th June, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Rapid Wien vs Wolfsberger AC taking place? Allianz Stadion, Wien
Where can I get tickets for Rapid Wien vs Wolfsberger AC? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Rapid Wien vs Wolfsberger AC on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Rapid Wien vs Wolfsberger AC? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- An 87th-minute winner gave Rapid Wien a narrow 0-1 victory against LASK on Wednesday and saw them rise to second place in the Championship Round table behind leaders Salzburg.
- Unsurprisingly it was Fountas that grabbed the winner for Rapid Wien and the Greek forward has now scored eight goals in his last nine league appearances.
- Fountas was given a breather for most of the match against LASK before he came on in the second half to score but he will almost certainly start this one while attacking midfielder Schwab will be absent through suspension.
- Wolfsberger AC were stunned 2-4 at home by Hartberg last time out as they crumbled after going 2-0 up in the first half and the manner of that defeat will have been a major disappointment to coach Ferdinand Feldhofer.
- They have now dropped four points in their last two games which has seen them lose second spot in the standings but they now face the team that has surpassed them so this represents the perfect opportunity to get back on the winning trail.
- They will have to do so without the services of Serbian centre-back Nemanja Rnic who was dismissed for two bookable offences on Wednesday but the coach does have options at his disposal in that department.
Both the previous meetings between the two sides this season have ended in draws but the form book heading into this Championship Round clash certainly favours Rapid Wien. The home side are on a high after a late victory over LASK earned them second spot in the table and in Taxiarchis Fountas they have a player capable of scoring against anyone in the division. The Greek forward has scored eight in his last nine Bundesliga appearances and was on the scoresheet against Wolfsberger AC in both their regular season meetings so he is a prime candidate in the goalscorer markets here.