2019–20 Austrian Bundesliga – Rapid Wien vs Sturm Graz Preview & Prediction
When is Rapid Wien vs Sturm Graz taking place? Sunday 7th June, 2020 – 18:30 (UK)
Where is Rapid Wien vs Sturm Graz taking place? Allianz Stadion, Wien
Where can I get tickets for Rapid Wien vs Sturm Graz? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Rapid Wien vs Sturm Graz on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Rapid Wien vs Sturm Graz? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Rapid Wien fought well but were ultimately outclassed by leaders Salzburg in Wednesday’s league return so they will be keen to bounce back here in their first home game since the enforced break.
- Prior to the disruption of the season, they had gone nine league games without defeat but they will not be too disheartened by the loss to Salzburg and matches against the likes of Sturm Graz will be seen as much more winnable.
- Mario Sonnleitner and Thomas Murg are both doubts for Rapid Wien and this game is likely to come too soon with the following midweek match against LASK seen as more likely return dates.
- It was a 1-2 defeat at Wolfsberger in their first game back after the enforced break although they could perhaps consider themselves unlucky after battling hard throughout.
- Sturm Graz currently lie in last place in the Championship Round and their Achilles’ heel this season has been a lack of goal threat and they will really need to start taking their chances if they are to not finish last in this phase.
- Coach El Maestro is forced into at least one change as defender Avlonitis was dismissed for two bookable offences against Rapid Wien and will miss out through suspension.
Sturm Graz will be determined not to be the whipping boys of the Championship Round but in Rapid Wien they run into a side that had made themselves tough to beat prior to the enforced break. Sturm Graz’ main issue throughout the season has been their inability to score with any regularity and that is likely to be their undoing here in what looks like a win to nil for the home side.