2019–20 Austrian Bundesliga – Mattersburg vs Rheindorf Altach Preview & Prediction
When is Mattersburg vs Rheindorf Altach taking place? Tuesday 2nd June, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Mattersburg vs Rheindorf Altach taking place? Pappelstadion, Mattersburg
Where can I get tickets for Mattersburg vs Rheindorf Altach? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Mattersburg vs Rheindorf Altach on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Mattersburg vs Rheindorf Altach? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mattersburg find themselves in the Relegation Round for the second year running although they are in a more precarious position this time around after managing just five wins in the regular season so improvement is definitely needed in this phase of the competition.
- No team in the Bundesliga has lost more games than Mattersburg have so far but there is some encouragement to be seen in the fact that they won two and drew one of their final five games in the regular season.
- Preparations have not been ideal given that they lost 3-0 to Wolfsberger in last week’s warm-up friendly but that at least gave coach Franz Ponweiser the opportunity to see who was in good shape ahead of the league return.
- Rheindorf Altach return from the break having picked up more wins in the regular season than any of the other teams they will be competing against in the Relegation Round and they will be quietly confident of qualifying for one of the Europa League play-off spots.
- After a terrible run of form last year which saw them lose 10 out of 13 league games, they managed to make themselves much harder to beat towards the end of the regular season and put together a six-game unbeaten run before losing their most recent game to Admira on 7th March.
- Despite not boasting an out-and-out goalscorer in their ranks, Rheindorf Altach have outscored all of their Relegation Round rivals by providing a collective threat although they have not shown this in recent meetings with Matterburg as they have failed to score against them on the last three occasions they have faced off.
Both sides showed some signs of improvement towards the end of the regular season campaign but it is not certain that this momentum will continue following the enforced break due to the COVID-19 outbreak. There have only been two goals scored in the last three meetings between the two teams combined and it could well be another cagey, low-scoring affair here as these relegation-battlers find their feet again.