2019-20 Austrian Bundesliga – Mattersburg vs Austria Wien Preview & Prediction
When is Mattersburg vs Austria Wien taking place? Saturday 13th June, 2020 – 16:00 (UK)
Where is Mattersburg vs Austria Wien taking place? Pappelstadion, Mattersburg
Where can I get tickets for Mattersburg vs Austria Wien? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Mattersburg vs Austria Wien on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Mattersburg vs Austria Wien? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Mattersburg drew 1-1 with Swarovski Tirol on Tuesday and they remain unbeaten since the season restarted so while they were not completely satisfied with the result, the positives are that they are harder to beat than they were before the enforced break.
- They are now three games unbeaten and that is only the second time they have managed that in the Bundesliga this season so the mood in the camp will be fairly positive.
- Gruber – who has been on target in Mattersburg’s last two games – is suspended after passing the yellow card threshold and that is a blow given the good form he has been in.
- Austria Wien slipped off top spot in the Relegation Round table after they succumbed to a 0-2 home defeat against Rheindorf Altach who leapfrogged them in the standings.
- Their cause was not helped by losing Maximilian Sax after half an hour when he picked up two bookings which made it was an uphill battle from there and they were never really able to threaten their opponents.
- Sax will therefore sit this game out through suspension but there are plenty of options for the boss given the depth of the squad and he may look to make one or two other alterations to freshen them up.
Austria Wien’s defeat against Rheindorf Altach brought to an end a very impressive 11-game unbeaten run in the Bundesliga and they will expect to bounce back here against an opponent they did the double over in the regular season campaign. Indeed, their last meeting in the Pappelstadion saw a handsome 1-5 victory for Austria Wien and, while Mattersburg have tightened up since then, the away side should still come away with the spoils.