2019-20 Austrian Bundesliga – Austria Wien vs Swarovski Tirol Preview & Prediction
When is Austria Wien vs Swarovski Tirol taking place? Tuesday 16th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Austria Wien vs Swarovski Tirol taking place? Generali Arena, Wien
Where can I get tickets for Austria Wien vs Swarovski Tirol? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Austria Wien vs Swarovski Tirol on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Austria Wien vs Swarovski Tirol? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Austria Wien pulled of a somewhat surprising 1-4 away victory against Mattersburg over the weekend which took them further from danger and kept them a point behind Rheindorf Altach at the top of the Relegation Round standings.
- That was only Austria Wien’s second away win in the Bundesliga this season with the other also being against Mattersburg back in August but their home form is far more positive so they will expect to get a result here despite a poor record against these opponents this season.
- There are unlikely to be too many rotations here given the excellent result on the road but coach Christian Ilzer will be all too aware of the fact they have lost against Swarovski Tirol three times already this season so that will factor into this thinking.
- Saturday saw Swarovski Tirol record their first victory since the season restarted as they put in an impressive display to overcome Admira 0-3.
- That victory saw them rise off the bottom of the Bundesliga table so that will have provided the squad with a real boost in morale and they will aim to maintain their unbeaten run which currently stands at three games.
- Michael Svoboda may return to central midfield after his one-match ban saw him miss the win at Admira but otherwise boss Thomas Silberberger will largely keep faith with the same set-up.
Swarovski Tirol have a curiously good record against Austria Wien this season having won all three meetings between the two sides and they will also be buoyed by their weekend win at relegation rivals Admira which saw them escape the bottom of the table. Austria Wien are coming off the back off a strong result themselves though and have found the net in nine of their last 11 league games so in a match where both teams will believe they can win, backing both teams to score appears to be the sensible play.