2019–20 Austrian Bundesliga – Austria Wien vs Rheindorf Altach Preview & Prediction
When is Austria Wien vs Rheindorf Altach taking place? Tuesday 9th June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Austria Wien vs Rheindorf Altach taking place? Generali Arena, Wien
Where can I get tickets for Austria Wien vs Rheindorf Altach? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Austria Wien vs Rheindorf Altach on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Austria Wien vs Rheindorf Altach? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Austria Wien let a one-goal slip on Saturday’s trip to St. Polten and came away with a point but they still top the Relegation Round standings and have a reasonable cushion over the teams at the bottom.
- They are now on an 11-game unbeaten run which is of course a positive but seven of their last eight matches have been draws and more often than not they have been pegged back after taking the lead so coach Christian Ilzer will not be completely satisfied with their form.
- Left-back Poulsen was forced off injured in the first half against St. Polten and could miss out here which could see Klein deputise in defence.
- It is now two consecutive 1-1 draws for Rheindorf Altach after they came from behind to take a point from their match against Swarovski Tirol but they didn’t lose any ground on Austria Wien who also drew.
- A win would see them leapfrog their opponents into first place in the Relegation Round so there will be plenty of impetus on taking the game to the hosts and they will be eager to make amends for the last meeting between the two teams where they were 2-0 up only to concede twice themselves
- Schreiner is available for selection again following his one-match suspension but Zwischenbrugger – Altach’s goalscorer over the weekend – will miss out with his own ban after passing the yellow card threshold.
Both these sides have been involved in low-scoring games since the season restarted with three of the four combined games ending in 1-1 draws. The last meeting between the two sides in February also saw the spoils shared so backing a draw looks to be the favoured play on paper. However, Rheindorf Altach may opt for an attacking approach given that a win would send them to the top of the Relegation Round standings and that could create an open so both teams to score is another attractive option.