2019–20 Austrian Bundesliga – Austria Wien vs Admira Preview & Prediction
When is Austria Wien vs Admira taking place? Tuesday 2nd June, 2020 – 19:30 (UK)
Where is Austria Wien vs Admira taking place? Generali Arena, Wien
Where can I get tickets for Austria Wien vs Admira? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Austria Wien vs Admira on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Austria Wien vs Admira? Bet365 members can stream Austrian Bundesliga matches so it is worth checking their schedule
THE TEAM NEWS
- Austria Wien missed out on the Championship Round after a distinctly average regular season campaign and their focus now will very much be on securing top spot in the Relegation Round.
- They became something of a draw specialist towards the end of the regular season as seven of their last eight Bundesliga games ended in stalemate and their failure to convert draws into wins has been their undoing this season.
- In Christoph Monschein, Admira Wien possess one of the league’s leading marksman and he will be keen to get off the mark in the Relegation Round here against a sided he has already scored against this season.
- Admira have struggled in patches this season and find themselves in a tightly-packed Relegation Round after picking up just four wins in the regular season campaign.
- They warmed up for this clash with a 0-0 friendly draw against Sturm Graz last Tuesday in a match that was typical of their season as only bottom side St. Polten have found the net fewer times than them so far.
- Defensive pair Sebastian Bauer and Leonardo Lukacevic had their contracts extended last week and that is a boost while discussions are ongoing with forward Sinan Bakis whose goal threat will be key to Admira avoiding relegation.
Admira’s failure to capitalise on winning positions has been their undoing this season as all too frequently they have been pegged back after taking the lead. They will have their sights set on topping the Relegation Round and will see this as a winnable game against one of the league’s more stunted attacks. In what could be a cagey affair with both sides a little rusty after the enforced break, under 2.5 goals looks likely especially as both the regular season meetings between the two sides were low-scoring.