2019–20 Armenian Premier League – Pyunik vs Ararat-Armenia Preview & Prediction
When is Pyunik vs Ararat-Armenia taking place? Saturday 23rd May, 2020 – 15:15 (UK)
Where is Pyunik vs Ararat-Armenia taking place? Vazgen Sargsyan anvan Hanrapetakan Marzadasht, Yerevan
Where can I get tickets for Pyunik vs Ararat-Armenia? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
What television channel is Pyunik vs Ararat-Armenia on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Pyunik vs Ararat-Armenia? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
THE TEAM NEWS
- Pyunik lost a crucial encounter against Noah in their last match before the league was disrupted and it was a defeat which left them four points adrift of the top six.
- Prior to that setback they had won three of their last four league matches to put themselves in with a good chance of breaking into the Championship Round play-off positions.
- It is their defensive record that has been a weakness throughout the campaign so far and entering this round of matches they have conceded 33 goals in 17 matches compared to 32 goals conceded in 32 matches during the 2018-19 league season.
- Ararat-Armenia went into the enforced break with a lead at the top of the league table of two points and will be looking to pick up from where they left off as they aim to retain the title that they claimed last year.
- They registered back-to-back wins against Ararat and Shirak before the postponement of campaign back in March and also notably kept clean sheets in both of those matches.
- Much of their success this season has been built on their home form which has been formidable with seven wins and two draws from nine matches but away from home they have not been as dominant.
The defending Armenian Premier League champions Ararat-Armenia will be aiming to extend their lead at the top of the table with a win against the team who finished second last season. Pyunik are a shadow of the team that finished as runners-up last season and they face a tough task to try and stop their opponents from claiming the three points. It is unlikely that they will be solid enough in defence to do so.