2019-20 Argentine Primera Division – River Plate vs Colon Santa Fe Preview & Prediction
When does River Plate vs Colon Santa Fe kick off? Wednesday 30th October, 2019 – 00:20 (UK)
Where is River Plate vs Colon Santa Fe being played? Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti (Buenos Aires)
What are the expected weather conditions for River Plate vs Colon Santa Fe? Mostly clear, 18c
What TV channel is River Plate vs Colon Santa Fe on? FOX Sports 2 (South America excepting Brazil), TNT Sports (Argentina), Fanatiz USA (USA)
Where can I stream River Plate vs Colon Santa Fe? Fanatiz International, bet365, Fox Sports Play (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for River Plate vs Colon Santa Fe? https://riverid.cariverplate.com.ar/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Los Millonarios enter this game on a three-game undefeated streak in the Superliga (W2, D1) and have lost just once in their last five league matches (W3, D1, L1). They have been a bit inconsistent at home, though, posting a W2, D1, L2 mark thus far. They are coming off a 3-3 draw at Arsenal Sarandi the last time out, albeit using an alternative squad.
- River Plate are not expected to make changes to the side that played against Boca Juniors in the 2019 Copa Libertadores semi-finals. German Lux, Bruno Zuculini, Cristian Ferreira and Benjamín Rollheiser are all unavailable through injury. Playmaker Juan Fernando Quintero is expected to be available off the bench.
- Expected Starting XI: Franco Armani; Gonzalo Montiel, Lucas Martínez Quarta, Javier Pinola, Milton Casco; Enzo Pérez; Ignacio Fernández, Exequiel Palacios, Nicolás De La Cruz; Matías Suárez, Rafael Santos Borré
COLON SANTA FE
- El Sabalero have their minds set on the 2019 Copa Sudamericana final, but they can’t lose focus ahead of this game given their league form. They have lost half of their league matches to date (W4, D1, L5) and own a W3, L2 five-game form. They have been one of the worst away teams in the league, though, losing all four matches while scoring two goals and conceding eight. They won 2-1 against Godoy Cruz in their most recent league match.
- Colon won’t have holding midfielder Gustavo Celis and playmaker Braian Galvan available for this contest. Both are dealing with injuries and have been ruled out.
- Expected Starting XI: Leonardo Burián; Alex Vigo, Guillermo Ortiz, Emanuel Olivera, Gonzalo Escobar; Gastón Díaz, Fernando Zuqui, Federico Lértora, Marcelo Estigarribia; Rodrigo Aliendro; Wilson Morelo
River Plate are coming off a draw but they enter this game on a four-game undefeated streak in the league while getting ready to use their best XI, something that should definitively boost their chances of a positive result. Meanwhile, Colon have been inconsistent although their away record speaks for itself – they average 0.5 goals scored and 2.0 conceded per away fixture. Expect River to get the win here.