2019-20 Argentine Primera Division – Boca Juniors vs Racing Club Preview & Prediction
When does Boca Juniors vs Racing Club kick off? Saturday 19th October, 2019 – 01:10 (UK)
Where is Boca Juniors vs Racing Club being played? Estadio Alberto J. Armando (Buenos Aires)
What are the expected weather conditions for Boca Juniors vs Racing Club? Clear, 18c
What TV channel is Boca Juniors vs Racing Club on? Fox Sports Premium (Argentina), TyC Sports International, Fanatiz (USA)
Where can I stream Boca Juniors vs Racing Club? Fanatiz International
Where can I get tickets for Boca Juniors vs Racing Club? No tickets available
THE TEAM NEWS
- Carlos Tevez has already been ruled out for this match, while Ramon “Wanchope” Abila will be a game-time decision due to fitness concerns. Manager Gustavo Alvaro already announced six players will be rested for the 2019 Copa Libertadores derby against River Plate next week. These are Julio Buffarini, Lisandro Lopez, Carlos Izquierdoz, Ivan Marcone, Alexis Mac Allister and Eduardo Salvio.
- El Xeneize picked up a win in their most recent league (1-0 at Defensa y Justicia), and enter this game as the lone undefeated side in the league, sitting at the top of the standings with 21 points after nine matches (W6, D3). They have looked stellar defensively after conceding just once over that span.
- Expected Starting XI: Esteban Andrada; Marcelo Weigandt, Paolo Goltz, Junior Alonso, Frank Fabra; Sebastian Villa, Jorman Campuzano, Nicolas Capaldo, Agustin Obando; Emanuel Reynoso; Franco Soldano
- Gaston Gomez and Augusto Solari have been ruled out through injury and the same goes for Chilean left-back Eugenio Mena. Gabriel Arias was absent from practice due to international duty, but he is expected to start here.
- Racing Club have lost just once so far in nine league matches, but they have also drawn nearly half of their fixtures – as a result, they are in seventh place in the standings with 16 points (W4, D4, L1). They are on a great run of form, however, going undefeated in their last five league matches (W4, D1). They are coming off a 2-0 win over Aldosivi last time out.
- Expected Starting XI: Gabriel Arias; Ivan Pillud, Nery Dominguez, Leo Sigali, Alexis Soto; Marcelo Diaz; Walter Montoya, Matias Zaracho, Matias Rojas; Jonatan Cristaldo, Licha Lopez.
Both sides enter this game on a strong run of form and while Boca Juniors are the league leaders and will be playing at home, they will be also playing with an alternative squad since their priority right now is to turn around the deficit against River Plate in the 2019 Copa Libertadores semi-finals. As a result, this is a great chance for Racing to secure the win. The match might be open as well – the last three league meetings between these two sides have ended with over 2.5 goals and both teams scoring.