2019-20 Argentine Primera Division – Boca Juniors vs Estudiantes Preview & Prediction
When does Boca Juniors vs Estudiantes kick off? Monday 16th September, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Boca Juniors vs Estudiantes being played? Estadio La Bombonera
What are the expected weather conditions for Boca Juniors vs Estudiantes? Mostly cloudy, 16c
What TV channel is Boca Juniors vs Estudiantes on? Fanatiz (USA), Fox Sports 2, TNT Sports (Argentina)
Where can I stream Boca Juniors vs Estudiantes? Fanatiz, bet365
Where can I get tickets for Boca Juniors vs Estudiantes? https://www.viagogo.com/cl/Entradas-Deportes/Futbol/Primera-Division-Argentina/CA-Boca-Jrs-Entradas/E-3896205
THE TEAM NEWS
- Through the first five Super Liga Argentina matches, Boca Juniors sit in second place of the standings with 11 points thanks to a five-game undefeated run (W3, D2). It’s also worth noting that Boca are the only team in the league yet to concede a goal.
- El Xeneize are W1, D1 at home this term, and secured a 2-0 win over Aldosivi in their most recent match at La Bombonera. Undoubtedly, they are trending in the right direction and have began their year on a strong note.
- Ramon Abila and Mauro Zarate are both dealing with injuries but both players should be considered as questionable ahead of this contest.
- Estudiantes, meanwhile, have been far more inconsistent ahead to start their 2019-20 league campaign. They currently sit in 12th place of the standings with a W2, L3 mark, and enter this match on a two-game losing streak following back-to-back defeats against Godoy Cruz and Velez Sarsfield.
- El Pincha, as they are known across Argentina, have struggled away from home this season as they have lost their first two away contests this season – to Banfield and Godoy Cruz – while scoring just once across those two contests.
- Matias Pellegrini and Franco Sivetti have both been ruled out ahead of this match through injury but manager Gabriel Milito should have no other selection concerns.
It’s safe to say both sides are going through opposite runs of form – Boca are yet to lose or even concede a game, while Estudiantes enter this game losing three of their last four league outings. Considering both form and the home / away splits on both teams, Boca Juniors should be considered as strong favourites ahead of this contest.