2019-20 Argentine Primera Division – Arsenal vs River Plate Preview & Prediction
When does Arsenal vs River Plate kick off? Friday 18th October, 2019 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Arsenal vs River Plate being played? Estadio Julio Humberto Grondona (Avellaneda)
What are the expected weather conditions for Arsenal vs River Plate? Sunny, 21c
What TV channel is Arsenal vs River Plate on? TNT Sports (Argentina), Fanatiz (USA)
Where can I stream Arsenal vs River Plate? Fanatiz International
Where can I get tickets for Arsenal vs River Plate? https://www.viagogo.com/ar/Entradas-Deportes/Futbol/Primera-Division-Argentina/CA-River-Plate-Entradas/E-3896308
THE TEAM NEWS
- Emiliano Mendez and Joel Sonora are Arsenal’s long absentees due to injury, according to recent reports. Manager Sergio “Huevo” Rondina is likely to field the same squad that lost against Argentinos Juniors in their most recent league fixture.
- Arsenal are coming off a 1-2 away loss at Argentinos Juniors in their previous league match and they have been extremely inconsistent of late with two wins and three defeats in their last five matches. They have looked strong at home, though, winning three of four matches (W3, L1), including the last two. They are in ninth place in the standings with 15 points (W5, L4).
- Expected Starting XI: Maximiliano Gagliardo; Fernando Torrent, Fabio Pereyra, Franco Sbuttoni, Emiliano Papa; Jesus Soraire, Ezequiel Piovi, Gaston Alvarez Suarez, Nicolas Gimenez; Ezequiel Cerica, Juan Manuel Garcia
- River’s manager Marcelo Gallardo has already announced he will rotate the side ahead of this contest, as he is thinking about the 2019 Copa Libertadores semi-final of next week. Due to this, most of the regulars won’t play while Leonardo Ponzio, Bruno Zuculini, Cristian Ferreira, German Lux and Benjamin Rollheiser have not been included in the squad due to injuries.
- River Plate defeated Patronato 2-0 in their previous league match and it’s worth noting each of their last four games in all competitions have ended with an exact 2-0 win for La Banda Sangre. They currently sit in third place of the league standings with 17 points (W5, D2, L2) and they have looked strong away from home – undefeated in four matches (W3, D1) and winning each of their last three.
- Expected Starting XI: Enrique Bologna; Robert Rojas, Paulo Diaz, Lucas Martinez Quarta (Javier Pinola), Nahuel Gallardo; Santiago Sosa; Julian Alvarez, Jorge Carrascal, Fabrizio Angileri; Lucas Pratto, Ignacio Scocco
Arsenal are one of two Super Liga teams that are yet to register a draw so far this season, and that’s not expected to change. Even though River are the stronger side of the two and enter this match in incredible form playing on the road, they will field a much-changed squad and Arsenal have won each of their last two home matches. Expect the hosts to pull a shock result out of the bag and take advantage of River’s second string line-up to steal three points in front of their crowd.