2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers – Kuwait vs Australia Preview & Prediction
When is Kuwait vs Australia taking place? Tuesday 10th September, 2019 – 16:30 (UK)
Where is Kuwait vs Australia taking place? Al Kuwait Sports Club Stadium, Kuwait City
What television channel is Kuwait vs Australia on? Kuwait vs Australia will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kuwait vs Australia? N/A
Where can I get tickets for Kuwait vs Australia? N/A
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kuwait host Australia in what is their second match in their qualifying group in the AFC’s second round of 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification.
- The hosts kicked-off their Group B campaign in fine style with a 7-0 victory against Nepal last Thursday. Having led 2-0 at the break, they took total control in the second half and added five more goals.
- If any changes are made from the team that defeated Nepal, they will only be minimal. Their Croatian-born coach Romeo Jozak may opt to try to bring one or two more defensive minded players into the starting XI against the greater attacking threat posed by the Australians.
- Australia begin their FIFA World Cup 2022 campaign against Kuwait in what is only their second international fixture since they participated in the Asian Cup back in January. They are making the trip to Kuwait for the second time in just under a year having won 4-0 against the hosts in a friendly match last October.
- Coach Graham Arnold is without captain Mark Milligan who has pulled out of the squad because of a minor leg injury, with Melbourne Victory youngster Thomas Deng expected to take Milligan’s place in the team.
- Australia have prepared for this match with a week-long training camp in Dubai to help them acclimatise to the extreme heat which is expected to be around the 40-degree mark with two drinks breaks scheduled in each half as a result.
Australia will face tough conditions in Kuwait as they begin their quest to qualify for their fifth successive World Cup finals. Such is the heat expected during the game that two drink breaks in each half have been scheduled so it is likely that the pace of the game will not be frenetic. The Socceroos will look to control possession against their opponents and use their extra experience and quality in key areas to ensure victory against plucky opposition. A 3-0 win for Australia is the predicted outcome.