2019 UEFA Super Cup – Liverpool vs Chelsea Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Liverpool vs Chelsea kick off? Wednesday 14th August, 2019 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Liverpool vs Chelsea being played? Vodafone Park, Istanbul
What is the weather forecast for Liverpool vs Chelsea? Clear, 26c
What television channel is Liverpool vs Chelsea? BT Sport 2
Where can I stream Liverpool vs Chelsea? BT Sport subscribers can stream the match live via the BT Sport website & app
Where can I get tickets for Liverpool vs Chelsea? https://www.uefa.com/tickets/
What was the score when the teams last met? Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea
THE TEAM NEWS
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Adrian; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Origi
Unavailable: Clyne (Injured), Alisson (Injured), Lovren (Illness)
Doubtful: Mane (Rested)
- Liverpool kicked off the new Premier League season with a 4-1 win over Norwich on Friday night but that was marred by an injury to goalkeeper Alisson who is now expected to face a spell on the sidelines.
- Adrian will come into the starting line-up for him while Klopp may also ponder bringing Matip back into the starting XI after a shaky defensive performance on Friday where Norwich could easily have scored more goals.
- Klopp has options to rotate in central midfield so Milner could potentially come into the side while Mane could be left on the bench once again after Origi scored.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Kepa; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson; Jorginho, Kante; Pedro, Mount, Pulisic; Abraham
Unavailable: Van Ginkel (Injured), Hudson-Odoi (Injured), Loftus-Cheek (Injured), James (Injured)
Doubtful: Willian (Injured), Rudiger (Injured), Kante (Injured)
- Frank Lampard's tenure as manager of his beloved Chelsea got off to a rocky start in the second half on Sunday as his team fell apart at Old Trafford as Man Utd hammered them 4-0 in the Premier League opener.
- After a competitive first half in which Chelsea hit the woodwork twice, their defensive play was lacking as Zouma in particular struggled and they will have to play much better against this dangerous Liverpool attack.
- Kante came off the bench in that match and there is every chance the French midfielder will come back in to shore up the midfield although he faces a late fitness test while Pulisic may also be handed a start out wide at the expense of either Barkley or Mount.
The two sides have had mixed starts to the season and Chelsea's heavy loss shows how much work Lampard has to do. Liverpool were far from their best against Norwich and looked vulnerable defensively, but looked dangerous going forward and should have far too much for this inexperienced Chelsea team.
BETTING TIP: Liverpool (Match result and both teams to score)