2019 International Friendly – Venezuela vs Bolivia Preview & Prediction
When does Venezuela vs Bolivia kick off? Friday 11th October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Venezuela vs Bolivia being played? Estadio Olimpico de la UCV, Caracas
What are the expected weather conditions for Venezuela vs Bolivia? Scattered thunderstorms, 31c
What TV channel is Venezuela vs Bolivia on? Bolivia TV (Bolivia), TLT (Venezuela)
Where can I stream Venezuela vs Bolivia? Fox Sports GO (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Venezuela vs Bolivia? http://www.megaboletos.com/VINOTINTO.html
THE TEAM NEWS
- Manager Rafael Dudamel has chosen to call-up a fairly strong side for this round of friendly matches, knowing the 2020 World Cup Qualifiers are inching closer and closer. Therefore, names such as Wuilker Fariñez, Roberto Rosales, Tomas Rincon, Jhon Chancellor and Salomon Rondon have all been included in the squad.
- The lone important absence for La Vinotinto ahead of this game will be the one of Josef Martinez. The Atlanta United striker decided to reject any future call-ups to the National Team if Dudamel remains at the reigns of the squad so there is a chance he won’t be part of the national team set-up for a long period of time.
- Venezuela have had decent results over their last 10 games – at least for their standards – since they have gone W3, D4, L3 over that span. However, they enter this match having won just one of their last five friendly matches (W1, D2, L2).
- Newly-appointed manager for the second time in a few years, Cesar Farias has decided to deploy a developmental side once again. There are a few seasoned players such as Lionel Justiniano, Juan Carlos Arce and Jhasmani Campos, but the squad for this match is filled with young players who are taking their first steps with the national team.
- The list of absentees is quite surprising if we look at the players Farias did not decide to call up. Names such as Marcelo Moreno Martins, Luis Haquin, Alejandro Chumacero, Diego Wayar and Carlos Lampe, to name a few, are not part of the squad. It remains to be seen if they will return for the World Cup qualifiers next year.
- La Verde have not had great results in recent weeks, and they have not won a single match this calendar year, or in their last 10 games overall (D3, L7). Furthermore, Bolivia are on a seven-game losing streak, counting friendly and competitive matches, and they have conceded at least two goals in each of their last five defeats.
Venezuela should be massive favourites to secure the win in this match. They have the better squad, they are playing at home, have the momentum in their favour and they have also had stronger results so far in 2019, including a 3-1 win over Bolivia during the 2019 Copa America. The match might not be very entertaining, but Venezuela are expected to win by a rather comfortable margin ahead of this contest.