2019 International Friendly – Uruguay vs Peru Preview & Prediction
When does Uruguay vs Peru kick off? Saturday 12th October, 2019 – 00:00 (UK)
Where is Uruguay vs Peru being played? Estadio Centenario, Montevideo
What are the expected weather conditions for Uruguay vs Peru? Cloudy, 18c
What TV channel is Uruguay vs Peru on? VTV (Uruguay), Movistar Deportes (Peru). No broadcast on US / UK regions
Where can I stream Uruguay vs Peru? No streaming services available
Where can I get tickets for Uruguay vs Peru? https://www.abitab.com.uy/innovaportal/v/24271/8/abitab/uruguay---peru---amistoso-internacional-2019
THE TEAM NEWS
- Manager Oscar Washington Tabarez has called up a fairly strong side for these two matches against Peru and names such as Fernando Muslera, Jose Maria Gimenez, Nahitan Nandez and Matias Vecino should all be included here.
- That said, both Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez have not been included for these two matches since Tabarez wants to see some alternatives upfront, with Maximiliano Gomez and Christian Stuani are expected to be the first experiment.
- La Celeste have played just two friendly matches following their 2019 Copa America elimination in the quarterfinals round to their foes here, Peru, with hose two games ending 2-1 at Costa Rica and a 1-1 draw at USA. Uruguay are W6, D3, L1 in their last 10 games in all competitions, and are carrying a nine-game undefeated streak ahead of this contest.
- Just like Tabarez, Ricardo Gareca has also chosen a very strong side for these two friendly matches as he is looking to sharpen up the squad. One of the biggest news for these two games is the return of star striker Paolo Guerrero, who missed Peru’s last two matches due to a managerial decision.
- Peru shouldn’t have important absences ahead of this contest, although centre-back Miguel Araujo has not been included once again due to his lack of first-team football at Emmen in the Eredivisie. Santos playmaker Christian Cueva is not expected to feature in this match for the same reason.
- La Blanquirroja played two friendly matches since the end of the 2019 Copa America, where they were runners-up to Brazil. They claimed a pointless but nonetheless vengeful win over the Brazilians and one defeat to Ecuador.
Both sides will feature strong squads ahead of this match, so it is apt to make a prediction based on the strength of both sides and their past records. Even though Uruguay will be missing their star duo of Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani, they should be considered as the better side since they have more experience at international level and a superior quality overall, with more individual talents. Therefore, the hosts should come away with the win here.