2019 International Friendly – Peru vs Uruguay Preview & Prediction
When does Peru vs Uruguay kick off? Wednesday 16th October, 2019 – 02:30 (UK)
Where is Peru vs Uruguay being played? Estadio Nacional del Peru, Lima
What are the expected weather conditions for Peru vs Uruguay? Cloudy, 18c
What TV channel is Peru vs Uruguay on? VTV (Uruguay), Movistar Deportes (Peru). No broadcast on US / UK regions
Where can I stream Peru vs Uruguay? No streaming services available
Where can I get tickets for Peru vs Uruguay? https://entradas.joinnus.com/inicio
THE TEAM NEWS
- Ricardo Gareca will lead Peru for a second straight match against Uruguay following a 1-0 loss last week at Montevideo. The Argentinian tactician has chosen a very strong side for these two games, knowing Peru only have three games (counting this one) before the start of the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers. One of the biggest news for these two games is the return of star striker Paolo Guerrero, while centre-back Miguel Araujo and central midfielder Yoshimar Yotun is dealing with an injury.
- La Blanquirroja have played three friendly matches since the end of the 2019 Copa America and their record has been mixed, with two defeats (against Ecuador and Uruguay) and one win (against Brazil). It is worth noting that all three matches have ended with only one side scoring and under 2.5 goals in total. Counting their last 11 games in all competitions, Peru have posted a W4, D2, L5 mark.
- Expected Starting XI: Pedro Gallese; Luis Advincula, Luis Abram, Carlos Zambrano, Miguel Trauco; Carlos Ascues, Renato Tapia; Andre Carrillo, Christian Cueva, Edison Flores; Paolo Guerrero
- Manager Oscar Washington Tabarez has called up a very strong side for this game against Peru, but La Celeste will have several key players missing. Nicolas Lodeiro, Fernando Muslera, Edinson Cavani and Luis Suarez have all been ruled out, while Diego Godin might receive some much-needed rest. If that’s the case, then Sebastian Coates could start at the back alongside Jose Maria Gimenez.
- La Celeste has played three friendly matches following their 2019 Copa America elimination against Peru and so far, they have gone undefeated: a 2-1 win over Costa Rica, a 1-1 draw at USA and a 1-0 win against Peru. For what it's worth, Uruguay are riding a 10-game undefeated streak in all competitions thanks to a W7, D3 mark over that span (not including penalty shoot-outs).
- Expected Starting XI: Martin Campaña; Martin Caceres, Diego Godin (Sebastian Coates), Jose Maria Gimenez, Matias Viña; Matias Vecino, Federico Valverde, Rodrigo Betancur; Brian Rodriguez, Maximiliano Gomez, Brian Lozano
The fact that these two sides met last week should give each manager a sense of knowledge of where each team can be attacked, but if we look at things on a man-to-man basis, then Uruguay have the better squad on both sides of the ball. They also enter this contest on a better run of form, so they should be considered as favourites once again.