2019 International Friendly – Ecuador vs Argentina Preview & Prediction
When does Ecuador vs Argentina kick off? Sunday 13th October, 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Ecuador vs Argentina being played? Estadio Manuel Martinez Valero, Elche, Spain
What are the expected weather conditions for Ecuador vs Argentina? Sunny, 28c
What TV channel is Ecuador vs Argentina on? DirecTV Sports (Latin America), TyC Sports (Argentina), Canal de Futbol (Ecuador), BeIN Sports (USA)
Where can I stream Ecuador vs Argentina? DirecTV Play
Where can I get tickets for Ecuador vs Argentina? https://elchecf.expertustech.com/open#/checkout/product/00-00087G2/event/00-00087gd/show/00-0001510
THE TEAM NEWS
- Argentina are coming off a 2-2 draw against Germany and it is clear manager Lionel Scaloni is already showing signs of the kind of team he wants to build with Argentina. Lionel Messi remains out due to a suspension and Mauro Icardi is one of the team’s biggest absentees, but names such as Leandro Paredes, Nicolas Tagliafico, Rodrigo De Paul, Paulo Dybala and Lautaro Martinez are likely to carry the team moving forward.
- Martinez is certainly the player to watch for Argentina ahead of this game. The Inter Milan striker has enjoyed a great start to the 2019-20 season, and while he didn’t score against Germany, he has three goals in his last three international appearances.
- La Albiceleste ended the 2019 Copa America in third place and right now they are riding a four-game undefeated streak (W2, D2). In fact, the CONMEBOL giants have lost just twice in their last 10 matches across all competitions.
- Ecuador are going through a rebuilding process and they have several new faces leading the way. Fans should get used to seeing names such as Erick Castillo, Junior Sornoza, Gonzalo Plata and Lucas Campana leading the way.
- Aside from the rebuilding process, Ecuador’s FA also suspended seven players: Antonio Valencia, Arturo Mina, Robert Arboleda, Carlos Gruezo, Alexander Dominguez, Jose Quinteros and Ayrton Preciado for behaviour-related issues during the 2019 Copa America.
- Ecuador are on a three-game undefeated streak following their 2019 Copa America group stage elimination (W2, D1) and have kept a clean sheet in their last two matches. However, their form over the past 10 has been poor with only three wins over that span (W3, D3, L4).
Argentina are the stronger side on paper, have faced tougher competition in recent months and they also carry a better run of results in their last 10 matches. Ecuador are in a rebuilding process and there’s no clarity on whether Jorge Celico will remain as manager, while Argentina seem to be better equipped to face this game overall. All things considered, Argentina shouldn’t have problems in securing a comfortable win here.