2019 International Friendly – Colombia vs Chile Preview & Prediction
When does Colombia vs Chile kick off? Saturday 12th October, 2019 – 17:00 (UK)
Where is Colombia vs Chile being played? Estadio Jose Rico Perez, Alicante, Spain
What are the expected weather conditions for Colombia vs Chile? Partly cloudy, 27c
What TV channel is Colombia vs Chile on? CDF HD (Chile), Caracol TV (Colombia). No broadcast for UK or US regions
Where can I stream Colombia vs Chile? PPV (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Colombia vs Chile? https://proticketing.com/eurodatasport/es_ES/entradas/evento/16519/session/910429/select
THE TEAM NEWS
- Colombia are expected to field a very strong team ahead of this match but there a few notable absences. James Rodriguez, Santiago Arias, Radamel Falcao and Juan Fernando Quintero have not been included in the side. The first three names through choice, and the latter due to injury.
- That said, Carlos Queiroz certainly wants to look at some alternatives, particularly on the attacking end. Names such as Rafael Santos Borre (River Plate), Alfredo Morelos (Rangers), Luis Diaz (FC Porto) and Duvan Zapata (Atalanta) will get another chance to impress the coaching staff.
- Colombia have been playing at a very high level in recent months. If we exclude extra time and penalties, Los Cafeteros are W6, D3, L1 – that lone defeat came back in March this year, so Colombia have been undefeated in their last eight matches overall.
- After months of testing new players and adding depth to the squad, this time the Chilean manager, Reinaldo Rueda, has chosen to call some of the country’s best players for this game. Alexis Sanchez, Gary Medel, Claudio Bravo, Mauricio Isla, Arturo Vidal and Erick Pulgar have all been included into the squad.
- However, there is one big absence since Eduardo Vargas is dealing with an injury and he was ruled out. The same thing happened with midfielders Charles Aranguiz and Diego Valdes, although only the former should be considered as a bonafide starter.
- Chile have not been getting good results of late. Even though they finished the 2019 Copa America in fourth place, they are currently riding a four-game winless run in all competitions (D1, L3). But if we include their 10 games in all competitions, then La Roja currently own a W3, D3, L4.
These two sides have been playing regularly in recent years and in fact, Chile defeated Colombia in the 2019 Copa America through a penalty shootout in the quarterfinals. Four of the last five H2H meetings have ended in a draw and the remaining one was a 2-0 Chile win in the 2016 Copa America. The last four fixtures have also ended with under 2.5 goals, and that should be case here once again. Expect a low-scoring draw to be the outcome here.