2019 Copa Sudamericana – Independiente del Valle vs Corinthians Preview & Prediction
When is Independiente del Valle vs Corinthians taking place? Thursday 26th September, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Independiente del Valle vs Corinthians taking place? Estadio Municipal Rumiñahui, Sangolquí
What television channel is Independiente del Valle vs Corinthians on? No broadcast in the UK. DirecTV Sports in Latin America
Where can I stream Independiente del Valle vs Corinthians? DirecTV GO, bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Independiente del Valle vs Corinthians? http://www.superticket.ec/events
THE TEAM NEWS
INDEPENDIENTE DEL VALLE
- Independiente del Valle do not have injury concerns ahead of this game so the manager will be able to field his best XI. He is expected to partner up Gabriel Torres with Cristian Dajomé upfront.
- Independiente have looked impressive over their last five games, as they have posted a W4, L1 mark – that lone defeat came in a match where they played with an alternative squad. They are W5, D1, L4 four in their last 10 games, however.
- The Ecuadorian side own a 2-0 lead in the aggregate score following their win in the first leg of this tie. They have looked impressive at home during the current 2019 Copa Sudamericana run, winning their four matches by an aggregate score of 11-0.
- Everaldo is the only injury concern for Corinthians ahead of this match so they go into it in good health.
- Corinthians enter this game on a negative run of form, winning just one of their last four games in all competitions (W1, D1, L2). They have won just three of their last 10 outings, but none of those three wins have come on the road (W3, D5, L2).
- Corinthians must turn around a two-goal deficit following the loss in the first leg, but their away record on the current Copa Sudamericana run has been impressive. They’re yet to lose a game away from home in the tournament (W2, D2).
On paper, Corinthians have the better squad and certainly look like a team capable of turning the tie around here, but Independiente have been extremely dominant at home, and that shouldn’t change ahead of this game. If we add the fact that Brazilian teams tend to struggle at altitude conditions (Sangolqui is located at 2500 meters above sea level), then it’s safe to take Independiente as the favourite to advance into the next stage of the tournament.