2019 Copa Libertadores – River Plate vs Boca Juniors Preview & Prediction
When is River Plate vs Boca Juniors taking place? Wednesday 2nd October, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is River Plate vs Boca Juniors taking place? Estadio Antonio Vespucio Liberti (Monumental), Buenos Aires
What television channel is River Plate vs Boca Juniors on? Fox Sports in South America, BeIN Sports in United States. No broadcast for UK.
Where can I stream River Plate vs Boca Juniors? Facebook Live, bet365
Where can I get tickets for River Plate vs Boca Juniors? Sold-out match. Source: https://www.tycsports.com/river-plate/entradas-agotadas-y-recaudacion-millonaria-para-el-primer-river-boca-20190927.html
THE TEAM NEWS
- River Plate could have several absences ahead of this match with German Lux, Leonardo Ponzio and Juan Fernando Quintero already ruled out, while Lucas Pratto, Cristian Ferreira and Nicolas de la Cruz are also dealing with physical ailments.
- Marcelo Gallardo rotated most of the side in the team’s previous league match, and River enter this game on a W6, D2, L2 in their last 10 games in all competitions.
- River are undefeated at home in the Copa Libertadores and have not conceded a goal in four out of five matches played so far.
- Gustavo Alfaro chose to rest a few players ahead of this Superclasico, with Boca undefeated in their last five Superliga matches (W3, D2) and that strong form has translated to all competitions. El Xeneize have gone W6, D3, L1 in their last 10 games in all competitions (including extra time and penalties).
- Centre-back Paolo Goltz and defensive midfielder Daniele De Rossi are both injured, but the former AS Roma star could have a chance to feature in this match.
- Playing on the road hasn’t been kind for Boca Juniors in this year’s Libertadores (W2, D2, L1), but it’s worth mentioning that both wins have come in the knockout stages. They have not conceded in three of those away Libertadores outings, including each of the last two.
The normal rules rarely apply in derbies of this nature and with these fierce rivals evenly matched on both sides of the pitch, this should be a fascinating encounter. Considering their recent form in the Libertadores, their H2H record (three straight draws, 90 minutes only) and the total goals scored totals (five of the last six have featured under 2.5 goals), this game could be tight and attritional.