When is Palmeiras vs Gremio taking place? Wednesday 28th August, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Palmeiras vs Gremio taking place? Allianz Parque
What television channel is Palmeiras vs Gremio on? Fox Sports in Latin America. No broadcast in the UK region.
Where can I stream Palmeiras vs Gremio? Fox Sports GO and bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Palmeiras vs Gremio? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Willian and Vitor Hugo are out, while Felipe Melo will be suspended after being sent off in the first leg. Palmeiras enter this game on a seven-game undefeated streak across all competitions (W2, D5) and are also on a 12-game unbeaten run at home (W10, D2).
- Gustavo Scarpa has been Palmeiras’ best player during the current Copa Libertadores run and the talented playmaker is the tournament’s second top scorer with six goals, including an incredible strike in the first leg. He also has one assist to his name.
- Palmeiras have conceded only three goals during their 12-game home undefeated run but those have all come in the club’s last three matches.
- Gremio have posted a W2, D2, L1 mark in their last five away matches in all competitions but have an indifferent record in their most recent five games, also in all competitions (W2, D1, L2). Leo Moura, Marcelo Oliveira and Felipe Vizeu are all injured.
- Everton should be Gremio’s player to watch, ‘Cebolinha’ had been linked with a move to Europe after his stellar 2019 Copa America run but it seems he won’t leave the side any time soon. He has three goals and one assist so far in the Copa Libertadores.
- Gremio’s matches have shown a tendency to remain tight, with four of their last five featuring three or fewer goals in total. Gremio have also scored one or fewer in four of their last five away from home.
Following the win in the first leg, Palmeiras extended their clear edge in recent games against Gremio, riding a six-game undefeated streak against them and winning each of the last five H2H meetings. The home-away splits are also telling, and Palmeiras shouldn’t have problems in securing a spot in the 2019 Copa Libertadores semi-finals.