2019 Copa Libertadores – Olimpia vs LDU Quito Preview & Prediction
When is Olimpia vs LDU Quito taking place? Wednesday 31st June, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Olimpia vs LDU Quito taking place? Estadio Manuel Ferreira, Asunción
What television channel is Olimpia vs LDU Quito on? Fox Sports in South America. No broadcast in UK.
Where can I stream Olimpia vs LDU Quito? Fox Sports Play
Where can I get tickets for Olimpia vs LDU Quito? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Olimpia are at full strength here so manager Daniel Garnero will field his best XI, headlined by veteran striker Roque Santa Cruz and talented playmaker William Mendieta.
- Santa Cruz is arguably Olimpia’s biggest name, but their top player so far in the 2019 Copa Libertadores has been Nestor Camacho. The 31-year-old midfielder has three goals and two assists so far in the tournament.
- Olimpia have won their three league games following the 2019 Copa America break and own a W6, D2, L2 mark in their last 10 games, however those two defeats have come in the 2019 Copa Libertadores. They have gone W4, L1 in their last five home matches.
- Just like opponents Olimpia, LDU Quito are at full strength entering this game so the Ecuadorian giants will be able to field their best XI ahead of this tough away matchup.
- Anderson Santos has been LDU Quito’s most productive player so far in the 2019 Copa Libertadores thanks to three goals and one assist, although he netted all three in the same game against San Jose Oruro in the group stage.
- LDU Quito are coming off a loss in their previous league game and have posted a W4, D3, L3 record in their last 10 games (W2, D1, L2 in their last five). Playing on the road has not been easy for them, however, as they have won just once in their last five away contests (W1, D2, L2).
Olimpia’s last four games have featured over 2.5 goals scored, while three of LDU’s last four have featured two or fewer strikes. However, considering altitude-based sides such as LDU (who play their home matches 2,850 metres above sea level) tend to decrease their form at sea-level, Olimpia shouldn’t have problems in securing both the win and the spot in the tournament’s next round. Especially considering their recent form, both overall and at home.