2019 Copa Libertadores – LDU Quito vs Boca Juniors Preview & Prediction
When is LDU Quito vs Boca Juniors taking place? Wednesday 21st August, 2019 – 23:15 (UK)
Where is LDU Quito vs Boca Juniors taking place? Estadio Rodrigo Paz Delgado, Quito
What television channel is LDU Quito vs Boca Juniors on? Fox Sports in Latin America. No broadcast in the UK region.
Where can I stream LDU Quito vs Boca Juniors? Fox Sports GO and bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for LDU Quito vs Boca Juniors? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- LDU Quito are at full strength when it comes to injuries ahead of this game and have lost just once in their last five games (W2, D2, L1). They are also undefeated in their last five home games (W4, D1).
- Anderson Santos is LDU’s top scorer in the 2019 Copa Libertadores run with three goals, although these were a hat-trick. Goalkeeper Adrian Gabbarini could play a huge role too considering Boca’s firepower upfront.
- LDU Quito reached the quarterfinals based on their strength at home where they faced Olimpia in the Round of 16 and advanced thanks to a 4-2 win on the aggregate score (3-1 at home, 1-1 away). LDU Quito have won their four home matches in the Copa Libertadores campaign so far (11 goals scored, two conceded).
- It is widely expected that Daniele De Rossi will make his Libertadores debut here. Boca have lost just once in their last five matches in all competitions (W3, D1, L1) and have dropped just one match of their last five competitive outings on the road (W2, D2, L1).
- Boca Juniors lost Dario Benedetto – who signed with Ligue 1 side Marseille earlier this month – so now the team’s most important attacking player will be Mauro Zarate. The former West Ham United striker has three goals and one assist in the current Libertadores campaign.
- 'El Xeneize' had little getting past Athletico-PR in the Round of 16, as they won both matches in the two-legged tie without conceding (2-0 home, 1-0 away). Boca’s current record in the 2019 Copa Libertadores reads W5, D2, L1.
Boca Juniors have been one of the most consistent sides in the 2019 Copa Libertadores so far, but they have won just once in their four away Libertadores games. Considering LDU’s strength at home, their ability to score (2.6 goals scored per Copa home match) and the altitude factor, the Ecuadorian side look like a good bet to gain a slight edge on the road towards the semi-finals.