2019 Copa Libertadores – Internacional vs Nacional Preview & Prediction
When is Internacional vs Nacional taking place? Wednesday 31th July, 2019 – 23:15 (UK)
Where is Internacional vs Nacional taking place? Estadio Jose Pinheiro Borda, Porto Alegre
What television channel is Internacional vs Nacional on? Fox Sports in Latin America / No broadcast in UK region
Where can I stream Internacional vs Nacional? Fox Sports GO, bet365
Where can I get tickets for Internacional vs Nacional? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Internacional will have several absentees heading into this contest with midfielder Rodrigo Dourado, defender Roberto and centre-back Emerson Santos all out due to physical ailments.
- Fans and pundits alike should keep an eye on Paolo Guerrero. The Peru international already has three goals in the competition, and he is expected to lead the team’s attacking line once again after scoring the winning goal in the first leg of this tie.
- Aside from winning the first leg of this tie, Internacional also won their previous league outing so they enter this match riding a two-game winning streak. The Porto Alegre side have not lost in their previous four matches (W3, D1) and have also gone undefeated in their last 13 matches on the road (W10, D3).
- Santiago Rodriguez and Rodrigo Amaral are expected to miss this game due to injury but Nacional should not have any other absentees heading into this contest.
- Gonzalo Bergessio will be the player to watch for Nacional since he has three goals in the tournament already. New signing Pablo Barrientos could also be someone to watch since he is coming off an impressive first half of 2019 with Toluca in Liga MX.
- Nacional have not looked good in recent matches, and they enter this game on the heels of a W2, L3 mark in their last five competitive outings. However, they have managed to look decent on the road where they have lost just once in their last five contests (W3, D1, L1).
It’s worth noting that Internacional have a clear edge in their head-to-head record with Nacional (W4, D2, L1) and have also looked almost unstoppable when they play at home. Nacional’s form on the road has been solid enough, but there have been doubts recently. Expect Internacional to take advantage of those problems to secure the win and a spot in the tournament’s next round. It might be a tight game, however, as only one of Internacional’s last five home matches has featured over 2.5 goals.