2019 Copa Libertadores – Internacional vs Flamengo Preview & Prediction
When is Internacional vs Flamengo taking place? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Internacional vs Flamengo taking place? Estádio José Pinheiro Borda
What television channel is Internacional vs Flamengo on? Fox Sports in Latin America. No broadcast in the UK region.
Where can I stream Internacional vs Flamengo? Fox Sports GO and bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Internacional vs Flamengo? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Internacional's recent form has not been great as the Porto Alegre side comes into this game on a two-game losing streak in all competitions. They are W2, D1, L2 in their last five games, but are W2, D3 in their last five games at home.
- Internacional have an undisputed leader upfront since Paolo Guerrero leads the club with four goals, but Nicolas Lopez and Rafael Sobis each have three goals and three assists. All three should play a key role in Inter’s potential turnaround, but Rodrigo Lindoso and Edenilson have been ruled out for this match due to injury.
- Inter’s home games tend to be quite tight, as evidenced by the fact that their last five home matches have featured under 2.5 goals. Inter have also kept a clean sheet in four of those outings.
- Vitinho, Rodrigo Caio and Diego are unavailable for this match while Gabriel Barbosa has been listed as questionable after missing the first leg of this tie. Flamengo enter this game on a great run of form thanks to a four-game winning streak and they have also won their last two away from home (last five: W2, D1, L2).
- Everton Ribeiro has three goals and two assists this season, so he has been one of Flamengo’s most productive players during this 2019 Copa Libertadores run. The same can be said of Bruno Henrique, who has three goals and four assists thus far.
- Flamengo’s recent matches have been quite open since four of their last five games in all competitions and have featured three or more total goals. The same thing has happened in their last three away matches (W2, L1).
Internacional have the advantage in the recent H2H record against Flamengo, posting a W3, L2 mark in their last five meetings in all competitions. However, Flamengo’s form simply can’t be ignored ahead of this tie, and they also won the first leg rather comfortably. Therefore, they are favourites on paper to secure a spot in the tournament’s next round.