When is Gremio vs Palmeiras taking place? Wednesday 21st August, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Gremio vs Palmeiras taking place? Arena do Gremio, Porto Alegre
What television channel is Gremio vs Palmeiras on? Fox Sports in Latin America. No broadcast in the UK region.
Where can I stream Gremio vs Palmeiras? Fox Sports GO and bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Gremio vs Palmeiras? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Counting their last five games in all competitions, Gremio have lost just once and that game came on the road against Flamengo (W2, D2, L1). However, they are undefeated in their last 11 home outings (W8, D3). Leo Moura, Marcelo Oliveira and Felipe Vizeu are all injured.
- Everton should be Gremio’s player to watch. ‘Cebolinha’ had been linked with a move to Europe after his stellar 2019 Copa America run, but it seems he won’t leave the side any time soon. He has three goals and one assist so far in the Copa Libertadores.
- Gremio reached the quarterfinals after defeating Libertad Asuncion in the Round of 16, although they achieved that goal with less work than expected. The Brazilian side defeated the Paraguayan squad 5-0 on the aggregate score, winning 2-0 at home and 3-0 on the road. Gremio’s current record in the 2019 Copa Libertadores reads W5, D1, L2.
- Palmeiras are winless in their last seven away games in all competitions (D4, L3) but on the other hand, they’re undefeated in their last five games in all tournaments despite winning just once (W1, D4). Willian and Vitor Hugo are out, but both Luiz Adriano and Gustavo Scarpa are expected to play here after receiving rest in the league the previous weekend.
- Coincidentally, Gustavo Scarpa has been Palmeiras’ best player during the current Copa Libertadores run. The talented playmaker is the tournament’s second-top scorer with five goals and also has one assist to his name.
- Palmeiras were massive favourites in their Round of 16 tie against Godoy Cruz and they responded to that condition by winning the tie 6-2. The Brazilian side secured a 2-2 draw away from home but registered a massive 4-0 at home in the return leg. Their current record in the 2019 Copa Libertadores reads W6, D1, L1.
It’s worth noting that Palmeiras have a clear edge in recent games against Gremio, riding a five-game undefeated streak against them and winning each of the last four meetings. Only one of those four matches featured over 2.5 goals so this contest might be a tight one, but Palmeiras seem to have the edge to build a lead and take one step closer to the semi-finals.