When is Gremio vs Flamengo taking place? Thursday 3rd October, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Gremio vs Flamengo taking place? Arena do Grêmio, Porto Alegre
What television channel is Gremio vs Flamengo on? No broadcast for South America or UK. BeIN Sports in United States
Where can I stream Gremio vs Flamengo? Fox Sports GO, BeIN Sports Connect
Where can I get tickets for Gremio vs Flamengo? https://arenapoa.com.br/noticias/arena-do-gremio-recebe-semifinal-da-libertadores-entre-o-tricolor-e-flamengo/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Gremio are coming off a 2-1 defeat against Fluminense in their previous Brazilian Serie A match, and that result halted Gremio’s four-game winning streak. They have gone W6, D1, L3 in their last 10 outings in all competitions.
- Leonardo, Geromel, Jean Pyerre and Felipe Vizeu are all injured for Gremio but Felipe Vizeu is the only consistent first-team player. That said, Gremio could be slightly weakened ahead of this pivotal contest.
- Gremio have looked rather average at home in the 2019 Copa Libertadores so far, with the Porto Alegre side posting a W3, L2 mark on their own turf. They lost their more recent home match (1-0 to Palmeiras) and four of those games have seen only one side scoring.
- Flamengo drew 0-0 against Sao Paulo in their previous league match and that result extended their undefeated streak in the Serie A to nine games (W8, D1). They have gone 11 straight games in all competitions without a loss.
- Diego Ribas and Lincoln remain as Flamengo’s lone injury absentees ahead of this match, but both players have been out for quite a while and should not influence this contest.
- Flamengo have struggled badly on the road when it comes to the 2019 Copa Libertadores, as they have registered just one win in five previous matches (W1, D2, L2). They are on a four-game winless away run in the competition, and they haven’t scored more than once in any of those four matches.
There is not much separating these two sides on paper. Gremio have looked solid at home but while Flamengo are struggling on the road in the Copa Libertadores, the same can’t be said when they play on Brazilian soil. This match could very well be decided by fine details and considering Gremio could be missing several members of their squad here through injury, Flamengo should be considered as favourite. The margin is slim, though, and this game could easily be a tight one with few goals scored.