2019 Copa Libertadores – Flamengo vs Internacional Preview & Prediction
When is Flamengo vs Internacional taking place? Thursday 22nd August, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Flamengo vs Internacional taking place? Estadio Maracana, Rio de Janeiro
What television channel is Flamengo vs Internacional on? Fox Sports in Latin America. No broadcast in the UK region.
Where can I stream Flamengo vs Internacional? Fox Sports GO and bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Flamengo vs Internacional? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Flamengo enter this game on a two-game winning streak, have gone W4, L1 in their last five and are also riding a three-game winning streak at home. Vitinho, Rodrigo Caio and Diego are unavailable for this match.
- Everton Ribeiro has three goals and two assists this season, so he has been one of Flamengo’s most productive players during this 2019 Copa Libertadores run. However, Gabriel Barbosa can’t be taken for granted - ‘Gabigol’ is the team’s leading scorer with four goals.
- Flamengo had to work harder than expected to reach the quarterfinals of the tournament. Their Round-of-16 tie against Emelec was decided on a penalty shootout following each side’s 2-0 home win in the two-legged tie. For what it's worth, Flamengo own a W4, D1, L3 mark so far in the 2019 Copa Libertadores.
- Internacional are undefeated in their last three games (W2, D1) and have lost just once in their last five games in all competitions (W3, D1, L1), though it’s worth noting that four of those games had two or fewer goals. Rodrigo Lindoso and Edenilson have been ruled out for this match due to injury.
- Internacional feature a three-headed monster on the attacking end. Paolo Guerrero leads the club with four goals, but Nicolas Lopez and Rafael Sobis each have three goals and three assists. Expect this trio to carry Inter towards a potential semi-final berth.
- The Porto Alegre side defeated Club Nacional (Uruguay) in the Round of 16 and looked surprisingly solid in doing so, winning the tie with two clean sheet wins (2-0 home, 1-0 away). Internacional currently own a W6, D2 record in the 2019 Copa Libertadores.
Internacional have been one of the top teams in the 2019 Copa Libertadores since they’re yet to lose a single match in the tournament. On the other hand, Flamengo have struggled at times and have not looked as convincing as they could have been on the international stage. The fact that both sides are based in Brazil should mitigate the home-away factor and given each side’s form in the competition thus far, Inter appear to be the favourite on paper.