2019 Copa Libertadores – Cerro Porteno vs River Plate Preview & Prediction
When is Cerro Porteno vs River Plate taking place? Thursday 29th August, 2019 – 23:15 (UK)
Where is Cerro Porteno vs River Plate taking place? Estadio General Pablo Rojas
What television channel is Cerro Porteno vs River Plate on? Fox Sports in Latin America. No broadcast in the UK region
Where can I stream Cerro Porteno vs River Plate? Fox Sports GO and bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Cerro Porteno vs River Plate? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- The Paraguayan side are at full strength since there are no injury concerns on their end. They enter this game having won just one of their last five matches in all competitions (W1, D2, L2) while going winless in their last three home outings (D2, L1), but at the same time, they have lost just once in their last five home games (W2, D2, L1).
- Nelson Haedo Valdez will have the responsibility to beat 'keeper Armani and River Plate’s strong defensive line. The former Paraguay international has three goals in the 2019 Copa Libertadores so far and is known for playing at his best on the clutch.
- Cerro Porteno’s recent games have not exactly been “open” since their last three games have produced under 2.5 goals in total. However, that might change at home where four of their last five have had three or more total goals.
- River Plate have been in sizzling form of late, losing just one of their last 10 games in all competitions (W7, D2, L1), and they have also gone undefeated in their last four away games (W3, D1). Javier Pinola, Leonardo Ponzio and Juan Fernando Quintero are all out due to injury.
- River Plate have not dazzled on the attacking end, but someone to watch is goalkeeper Franco Armani. The Argentina international played a huge role in the Round of 16 tie against Cruzeiro, and right now he’s the team’s important player.
- River’s away recent games have been quite open, as four of their last five on the road have seen both sides scoring. However, that has happened in just one of their last five overall.
This should be an exciting game of football considering that both Cerro’s home matches and River’s away games have been relatively open, especially since Cerro Porteno must turn around a two-goal deficit from the opening leg. Cerro could easily grab the win here, but River Plate should ultimately secure a spot in the semi-finals.