2019 Copa Libertadores – Boca Juniors vs River Plate Preview & Prediction
When is Boca Juniors vs River Plate taking place? Wednesday 23rd October, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Boca Juniors vs River Plate taking place? Estadio Alberto J. Armando (La Bombonera), Buenos Aires
What television channel is Boca Juniors vs River Plate on? BeIN Sports (USA), Fox Sports (Latin America)
Where can I stream Boca Juniors vs River Plate? Bet365, Facebook Live
Where can I get tickets for Boca Juniors vs River Plate? Sold out venue for this game
THE TEAM NEWS
- Boca Juniors enter this game down by two goals on the aggregate score after the 0-2 loss in the first leg. El Xeneize lost 1-0 against Racing Club in their previous league match, and enter this game on a W2, D1, L2 run across all competitions. At home in the Copa Libertadores, they have gone W4, D1 with 11 goals scored and only one conceded.
- Daniele de Rossi, Carlos Tevez and Ramon Abila are all doubtful ahead of this contest. The latter is the one who’s most unlikely to feature, although all three are expected to be in the squad list. One absence will be Nicolas Capaldo, who is suspended for Tuesday’s match.
- Expected Starting XI: Esteban Andrada; Julio Buffarini, Lisandro Lopez, Carlos Izquierdoz, Emmanuel Mas; Ivan Marcone, Agustin Almendra; Eduardo Salvio, Alexis Mac Allister, Mauro Zarate; Ramon Abila
- River won the first leg by a 2-0 score, so they have a sizeable lead on the aggregate result. Despite playing with an alternative squad, River Plate secured a 3-3 draw against Patronato in their previous league encounter and they are undefeated in their last five matches in all competitions (W4, D1). They are also unbeaten on the road during the 2019 Copa Libertadores campaign (W1, D4), scoring six times and conceding four.
- Juan Fernando Quintero has been announced among the squad members for this game although considering his lack of playing time in recent months, he’s expected to start the contest on the bench. Bruno Zuculini, Cristian Ferreira, German Lux and Benjamin Rollheiser did not secure a spot in the squad.
- Expected Starting XI: Franco Armani; Gonzalo Montiel, Lucas Mariínez Quarta, Javier Pinola, Milton Casco; Ignacio Fernandez, Enzo Perez, Exequiel Palacios, Nicolas de la Cruz; Matias Suarez y Rafael Santos Borre
If there’s one team that’s capable of turning around a two-goal deficit at home then it's Boca Juniors, especially considering how dominant they have looked in the 2019 Copa Libertadores at La Bombonera. However, there is a chance that might not be enough. River are undefeated on the road during the Copa Libertadores and haven’t lost away from home since late May in all competitions. Boca might get the win here, but River should be able to hold on to their aggregate lead and secure a spot in the final.