2019 Copa Libertadores – Boca Juniors vs LDU Quito Preview & Prediction
When is Boca Juniors vs LDU Quito taking place? Wednesday 28th August, 2019 – 23:15 (UK)
Where is Boca Juniors vs LDU Quito taking place? La Bombonera
What television channel is Boca Juniors vs LDU Quito on? Fox Sports in Latin America. No broadcast in the UK region.
Where can I stream Boca Juniors vs LDU Quito? Fox Sports GO and bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Boca Juniors vs LDU Quito? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Boca Juniors are at full strength when it comes to injuries ahead of this game. El Xeneize have looked impressive in recent games as well, posting a W5, D1 mark in their last six games while going W3, D2 in their last five matches at home, excluding their loss to Almagro on penalties in the Copa Argentina.
- Boca lost Dario Benedetto – who signed with Ligue 1 side Marseille earlier this month – so now the team’s most important attacking player will be Mauro Zarate. The former West Ham United striker has three goals and one assist in the current Libertadores campaign.
- Boca have the edge on the historical all-time record against LDU (W2, D1) and tend to score goals for fun, averaging 2.0 goals per game in their last five in all competitions.
- LDU Quito are at full strength when it comes to injuries ahead of this game, although they won’t have Jefferson Orejuela and Kevin Minda since both were sent off in the first leg. The Ecuadorian giants enter this game on a W3, L2 mark in their last five matches in all competitions, but that record decreases to W1, D2, L2 in their last five away from home.
- Anderson Santos is LDU’s top scorer in the 2019 Copa Libertadores run with three goals, although those were a hat-trick and he has been unable thus far to replicate that form.
- Aside from never defeating Boca Juniors in three prior H2H meetings, LDU have also struggled on the attack when playing on the road, scoring more than one goal just once in their last five away outings. Four of those five games have also featured under 2.5 goals in total.
Boca Juniors have the edge in the all-time H2H record against LDU Quito, while they also have a three-goal edge on the aggregate score in this tie and enter this contest on a better run of form. The Argentine side shouldn’t find it difficult to secure a spot in the tournament’s final four.