2019 Copa Libertadores – Boca Juniors vs Athletico PR Preview & Prediction
When is Boca Juniors vs Athletico PR taking place? Thursday 1st August, 2019 – 01:30 (UK)
Where is Boca Juniors vs Athletico PR taking place? La Bombonera, Buenos Aires
What television channel is Boca Juniors vs Athletico PR on? Fox Sports in Latin America / No broadcast in UK region
Where can I stream Boca Juniors vs Athletico PR? Fox Sports GO, bet365, Facebook Live
Where can I get tickets for Boca Juniors vs Athletico PR? Check official club websites for ticket details
THE TEAM NEWS
- Boca Juniors will be without two regular starters since Lisandro Lopez and Dario Benedetto are both ruled due to injury. New signing Daniele de Rossi is not expected to feature here, either.
- With Benedetto injured, Boca’s scoring will rely heavily on Mauro Zarate. The former Lazio and Velez Sarsfield player has three goals and one assist in seven Libertadores matches so far.
- Boca won the first leg of this tie by a 1-0 score and debuted with a 0-0 draw against Huracan in the Super Liga this past weekend. They have gone W6, D3, L1 (adding extra time and/or penalties) in their last 10 competitive matches. They are also riding an 11-game undefeated streak at home (W10, D1), keeping a clean sheet in nine of those games.
- Athletico PR are not expected to have any absentees through injury. However, Thiago Heleno and Camacho are both ruled out due to suspension related to doping cases.
- The Brazilian side will rely heavily on Argentinian striker Marco Ruben to pull the upset in one of South America’s biggest venues. The former Rosario Central star is the current top scorer in the competition with six goals in seven Libertadores appearances.
- Athletico lost the first leg of this tie but defeated Cruzeiro 2-0 away from home in their most recent league outing. They have a W5, D1, L4 mark in their last 10 games, but have come out on top in their last three away matches (W3, L2 in their past five).
Athletico will make things complicated for Boca Juniors since they know how to play on the road. However, Boca are almost unstoppable when they play at home and have the edge of entering this contest with the lead on the aggregate score. We should be in line for a tight contest since each of Boca’s last three home games have featured under 2.5 goals scored but either way the hosts will eventually come out on top to secure a spot in the tournament’s quarter-finals.