2019 Community Shield – Man City vs Liverpool Betting Preview & Prediction
When does Man City vs Liverpool kick off? Sunday 4th August 2019 – 15:00 (UK)
Where is Man City vs Liverpool being played? Wembley Stadium
What is the weather forecast for Man City vs Liverpool? 25c with sunshine and cloudy intervals
What television channel is Man City vs Liverpool on? This match will be televised live and exclusive on BT Sport
Where can I stream Man City vs Liverpool? The match will be streamed live on the BT Sport app
Where can I get tickets for Man City vs Liverpool? Tickets can be purchased via Stubhub here!
What was the outcome in the last meeting between the two teams? Man City 2-1 Liverpool
THE TEAM NEWS
- Man City kick off the 2019/20 season with the Community Shield and they will be keen to retain the trophy against rivals Liverpool in what promises to be another fascinating game between the two teams.
- New signing Rodri is expected to feature as Guardiola has not hesitated to give starts to new signings in previous editions of the Shield as he did with Mahrez last year, and he could be handed an immediate start here.
- Similar to the win over Chelsea in 2018, Guardiola is expected to name a strong starting eleven for this opening match of the season although he will surely make a whole host of changes throughout the match with up to six allowed in this game.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Bravo; Walker, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko; De Bruyne, Rodri, David Silva; Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Sane
Unavailable: Mendy (Injured), Mahrez (Rested)
- Liverpool embark on another season determined to put a marker down early against title rivals Manchester City in this curtain-raiser at Wembley Stadium.
- Pre-season has gone relatively well for them but they will be without Mane who will not return to the squad until after this game so he is unavailable due to his participation in the Africa Cup of Nations which ran into the middle of July.
- Jurgen Klopp otherwise has plenty of options to select from including the fit-again Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain following a lengthy absence and he has no major injury concerns ahead of this match.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino, Origi
Unavailable: Mane (Rested), Clyne (Injured)
Doubtful: Shaqiri (Injured)
The two teams fully expected to fight it out for the Premier League title this season meet in the Community Shield at Wembley. As is so often the case in their recent meetings, expect goals between these two teams. Matches between the two teams have contained plenty of goals even when the pressure and intensity is on, so that has every chance of repeating itself when they can relax and enjoy the game with less on the line, which makes the both teams to score market extremely tempting in this curtain raiser.
BETTING TIP: Yes (Both teams to score)