2019 Brazilian Serie A – Palmeiras vs Fluminense Preview & Prediction
When does Palmeiras vs Fluminense kick off? Wednesday 11th September, 2019 – 01:00 (UK)
Where is Palmeiras vs Fluminense being played? Allianz Parque
What are the expected weather conditions for Palmeiras vs Fluminense? Clear, 28c
What TV channel is Palmeiras vs Fluminense on? No broadcast on the US. Premiere FC on Brazil.
Where can I stream Palmeiras vs Fluminense? PFC streaming service
Where can I get tickets for Palmeiras vs Fluminense? https://www.futebolcard.com/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Palmeiras are coming off a win in their previous outing, but that has been their lone victory in their last five league matches (W1, D3, L1). They are undefeated at home this season, however, where they have scored 15 goals while conceding just three (W5, D2).
- Ivan Angulo will not play for Palmeiras here since he has been called up for international duty with Colombia, while Mayke has been ruled out through injury.
- Palmeiras currently sit in third place on the standings and while they won’t move up to second even if they win, but they could end up just three points away from the top held by Flamengo.
- Fluminense are not riding through their best form and even though they won the last time out, they still own a W2, L3 mark in their last five games. Plus, they have won just two of eight matches away from home this season (W2, D1, L5).
- Matheus Ferraz and Matheus Mascarenhas have both been ruled out for Fluminense ahead of this match. The rest of the side, however, is fit and available.
- Needless to say, Fluminense are in dire need of a win here as they currently sit in the relegation zone and they would be playing in the Serie B if the season ended today. However, a win would clear them from the red based on goal differential.
These two sides are on completely different trajectories here, as Palmeiras are fighting for the league title while Fluminense want to avoid relegation. Given both sides’ form and the home/away splits, Palmeiras should be considered as the favourites ahead of this contest. Especially knowing they have won four of the last H2H meetings against Fluminense at the league level.