2019-20 Spanish Super Cup – Valencia vs Real Madrid Preview & Prediction
When does Valencia vs Real Madrid kick off? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Valencia vs Real Madrid being played? King Abdullah Sports City, Saudi Arabia
What TV channel is Valencia vs Real Madrid on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Valencia vs Real Madrid in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Valencia vs Real Madrid?
Real Madrid – https://www.realmadrid.com/en/tickets
THE TEAM NEWS
- Valencia come into this new format of the Spanish Super Cup in fine form as they are unbeaten in their last seven games in all competitions including a 1-1 draw with Real Madrid at the Mestalla before Christmas where they came within seconds of the win before Karim Benzema’s 95th minute equaliser.
- They make the trip to Saudi Arabia with Piccini, Goncalo Guedes and Rodrigo all ruled out of action, while Manu Vallejo and Lee Kang-In are injury doubts for this semi-final and are expected to miss out.
- The treatment room has been full for some time now but that has not affected their good form and they are still able to field a strong side as they look to upset Real Madrid in this opening game.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Cillessen; Wass, Gabriel, Garay, Gaya; Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Coquelin, Ferran Torres; Gameiro, Maxi Gomez
Unavailable: Piccini (Injured), Goncalo Guedes (Injured), Rodrigo (Injured)
Doubtful: Manu Vallejo (Injured), Lee Kang-In (Injured)
- Real Madrid returned from the brief winter break in fine form as they comfortably beat neighbours Getafe 3-0 away from home to move level on points with Barcelona as they come into this four-way Spanish Super Cup.
- They are without their first choice attacking trio of Bale, Benzema and Hazard who are all struggling with various ailments so they are likely to line-up with Jovic, Isco and either Rodrygo or Vinicius Junior in attack.
- The rest of the team that Zinedine Zidane will likely field is expected to be a strong one, though neither Lucas Vazquez nor James are considered to be 100% and a place on the bench is the most likely for them.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Courtois; Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, Varane, Marcelo; Kroos, Modric, Casemiro; Rodrygo, Jovic, Isco
Unavailable: Bale (Injured), Benzema (Injured), Hazard (Injured), Asensio (Injured)
Doubtful: Lucas Vazquez (Injured), James (Injured)
This brand new version of the Spanish Super Cup has received mixed reviews but the football gets underway with Valencia facing off against Real Madrid. Both teams are without some key players but they are expected to take this match seriously and go all out for the win. That should lead to something of a spectacle with little pressure on either side, but Real’s greater experience will likely see them through in a game which should contain plenty of goals.