2019-20 Spanish Super Cup – Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid Preview & Prediction
When does Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid kick off? Thursday 9th January, 2020 – 19:00 (UK)
Where is Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid being played? King Abdullah Sports City, Saudi Arabia
What TV channel is Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid?
Atletico Madrid – http://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tickets/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Barcelona come into this semi-final clash with Atletico in the new format of the Spanish Super Cup in Saudi Arabia having unusually drawn three of their last four matches and that has seen Real Madrid join them on 40 points at the top of the league now.
- Ernesto Valverde will contemplate bringing Vidal into the side after he scored when coming off the bench at the weekend, and despite reports of him potentially leaving in January, Valverde will continue to count on him.
- Ter Stegen remains out of action so Neto will start in goal once again and while he was not at fault for either goal in the 2-2 draw with local rivals Espanyol at the weekend, he will be hoping for a better performance here.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Neto; Nelson Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Jordi Alba; Vidal, Busquets, De Jong; Messi, Suarez, Griezmann
Unavailable: Ter Stegen (Injured), Arthur (Injured), Dembele (Injured)
- Atletico have been in fine form since they lost 0-1 to Barcelona and they started the New Year with a 2-1 win over Levante to close the gap on the league leaders and their opponents here to just five points.
- Diego Simeone has a number of injury concerns ahead of this Spanish Super Cup semi-final but he is hoping that Koke will be fit to return to the starting line-up after training for the last couple of days so he could replace Herrera.
- The rest of the team is fairly obvious although he could potentially decide to rotate Arias in for Trippier, but the absence of Lemar and Diego Costa does reduce his options somewhat right now.
Predicted line-up (4-4-1-1): Oblak; Trippier, Felipe, Gimenez, Renan Lodi; Correa, Thomas, Koke, Saul; Joao Felix; Morata
Unavailable: Lemar (Injured), Borja Garces (Injured), Diego Costa (Injured)
Doubtful: Savic (Injured), Vrsaljko (Injured), Koke (Injured)
The match between these two teams back at the start of December saw Barcelona win by a single goal in Madrid, and given the respect between these two teams, it could be another low scoring game here. Atletico are very dependent on Joao Felix for inspiration right now and they are not quite firing on all cylinders so their focus will be on defence first. Barca are not at their best themselves right now having drawn three of their last four matches so while they just about have to be favoured, a low scoring game is on the cards once again.