2019-20 Spanish Copa del Rey – Real Sociedad vs Mirandes Preview & Prediction
When is Real Sociedad vs Mirandes taking place? Thursday 13th February, 2020 (20:00 UK / 21:00 CET)
Where is Real Sociedad vs Mirandes taking place? Reale Arena
What television channel is Real Sociedad vs Mirandes on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Real Sociedad vs Mirandes? This match can be streamed live in the UK on Betfair!
Where can I get tickets for Real Sociedad vs Mirandes? Ticket information can be found here!
THE TEAM NEWS
- After a relatively straight forward and comfortable route to the quarter-finals, Real Sociedad produced a stunning performance to beat Real Madrid 4-3 in the Bernabeu to reach the semi-final stage where they face Mirandes.
- They come up against Segunda outfit Mirandes here who they are fully expected to beat but all the talk in the build up to this first leg is how they will not be complacent and how they have to take this seriously to avoid an upset similar to how Sevilla and Villarreal were eliminated by their opponents.
- Boss Imanol Alguacil will name his strongest available side with the intention of trying to build an advantage from the home leg although he may consider making a couple of changes to keep the side fresh which could see Isak and Januzaj come into the eleven.
- Mirandes have been a revelation this year’s Copa del Rey having beaten three different Primera teams in Celta Vigo, Sevilla and Villarreal to reach the semi-finals where they now face a two-legged clash with Real Sociedad.
- Two of their better players this season have been Martín Merquelanz and Jon Guridi with the duo on loan from Real Sociedad and Merquelanz especially will be key to their hopes as their top scorer and top assist provider.
- Mirandes have scored 17 goals in their five matches to get to this stage but they have conceded 10 goals at the same time so they will have to improve defensively especially away from home in this first leg.
Mirandes are making a living out of their giant-killing exploits and they will be targeting another one against Real Sociedad here. Led by former Athletic star Andoni Iraola, they have the belief and quality to cause Real problems, but they will find it difficult over the two legs unlike the previous rounds. Their wins over Celta, Villarreal and Sevilla have all come on home turf and with Real expected to field all their key players, they will likely suffer a first leg defeat in a match which should contain plenty of goals.