2019-20 Spanish Copa del Rey – Granada vs Athletic Bilbao Preview & Prediction
When is Granada vs Athletic Bilbao taking place? Thursday 5th March, 2020 – 20:00 (UK)
Where is Granada vs Athletic Bilbao taking place? Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes
What television channel is Granada vs Athletic Bilbao on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Granada vs Athletic Bilbao? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Granada vs Athletic Bilbao? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Granada’s league form improved in February with three wins and one draw from five games but they go into this semi-final second leg trailing after a 1-0 defeat in the first leg, their first loss in six Copa del Rey games.
- Coach Diego Martinez is still without defensive trio Neyder Lozano, Alex Martinez and Quini because of injury, while midfielder Angel Montoro is still struggling with the hamstring injury he sustained in January, but there are no new issues on the personnel front.
- Striker Roberto Soldado, who has scored four goals in the competition, is suspended having been booked in the last three ties, so Carlos Fernandez will return up front after being rested in Saturday’s match against Celta Vigo.
- Athletic Bilbao travel to Granada with a one-goal advantage but it really should be more than that after they completely dominated the first leg three weeks ago, so they will be hoping they are not made to regret the numerous chances they missed.
- Midfielder Dani Garcia, who has been virtually an ever-present for Athletic this term, is suspended having picked up three bookings in the competition, but Mikel San Jose, Unai Lopez, Benat Etxebarria and Oihan Sancet are all options to replace him.
- Coach Gaizka Garitano has fielded strong line-ups thus far in the competition and will do so again with a place in the final at stake, with Asier Villalibre and Oscar de Marcos the only players unavailable because of injury.
Both of these sides are sitting comfortable in mid-table in La Liga so they can afford to throw everything at this match. Just one goal separated them in the first leg and Granada have been solid at home this season, recording seven clean sheets. Bilbao have avoided conceding in four of their last seven Copa del Rey fixtures so this should be a similarly tight affair as the first leg.