2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal Preview & Prediction
When is Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal taking place? Wednesday 8th April, 2020 – 23:30 (UK)
Where is Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal taking place? Estadio Nacional de Fútbol, Managua
What television channel is Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Managua vs Deportivo Ocotal? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Managua were unable to make an immediate return to winning ways following their draw with Real Esteli as they were held to a point on the road at Real Madriz but that may turn out to be an important result.
- Their two nearest rivals in the Clausura both suffered defeat which meant that Managua increased their lead at the top of the table after the goalless draw, although they were grateful that Madriz missed from the spot early in the contest.
- Despite extending their unbeaten run to eight matches, the league leaders will be desperate to pick up the three points here and they will be confident of doing so having won five of their six home matches so far in the Clausura.
- Deportivo Ocotal’s wait for a win continued but they will be relieved to have at least put an end to their losing streak after they gained a point from their clash with Deportivo Las Sabanas last time out.
- Ocotal looked set for a fifth consecutive defeat after Las Sabanas had taken the lead in the first half but they were able to salvage a point as Ervin Aguirre managed to convert from the spot with a little over 10 minutes of the game remaining.
- With time running out to pick up the wins needed to put themselves into contention for a spot in the final series play-offs, Ocotal may opt to make some changes to their starting XI with Victor Escoto’s place in doubt after he was taken off at half-time against Las Sabanas.
Managua have now gone eight games without defeat in the Clausura
after they picked up another point to strengthen their case to finish
top of the standings. They were able to extend their lead at the top of
the table thanks to some favourable results in some of the other games
during the weekend. They return to home soil to face struggling
Deportivo Ocotal who are now without a win in any of their last five and
with Managua unbeaten at home in the Clausura, a straightforward home
win is on the cards here.